Thread: Epic MX matching Arri; A Joker Parody

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Epic MX matching Arri; A Joker Parody 
    Joker Parody .... enjoy :D

Can an Epic MX match an Arri?

youtube.com/watch?v=2L7v256Lumc

Thoughts, questions and suggestions appreciated :D

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    I have to admit that this video didn't seem to say anything to me. Nothing against the girl, she seems cool, but the video seemed... pointless?
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    I have to admit that this video didn't seem to say anything to me. Nothing against the girl, she seems cool, but the video seemed... pointless?
    Hi Karim, Thanks for watching :D First you need to watch the original Joker final trailer and then it might make sense. We used the same movement but changed the words and made it less violent (ie bubble gum) but I'm more interested in your thoughts on the color. Cheers!

I might not get all of it, but popping the bubble gum is honestly one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while. Just an absolute delight.

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lassiter Holmes View Post
    Hi Karim, Thanks for watching :D First you need to watch the original Joker final trailer and then it might make sense. We used the same movement but changed the words and made it less violent (ie bubble gum) but I'm more interested in your thoughts on the color. Cheers!
    Okay. :-) I did watch the trailer BTW. I just can't wait to see the film! Judging by audience reactions, it's the best studio film of the year. If not the decade. But we will see.

First of all, a few things. RED sensors, from the Dragon onwards, deliver great RAW footage straight out of the camera. I can accept the arguement that the default colour of the ARRI sensors is more pleasant, but that's because it has a built-in LUT for ProRes files. And that's a good thing, too.

But, seeing as every film has a LUT applied to it, there is no meaning behind any of that. ALEV-III will have more DR than MX, but as far as captured colour goes, there is no difference. One could argue that MX actually has more colour information, and I'd have to defer to others on that.

At the end of the day, both sensors can be matched perfectly, and this is evident in this case. And it's not the Alexa that RED wants to be like. It's film, and then some.
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Greene View Post
    I might not get all of it, but popping the bubble gum is honestly one of the most hilarious things I've seen in a while. Just an absolute delight.

lolol Ty Alan!

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    Okay. :-) I did watch the trailer BTW. I just can't wait to see the film! Judging by audience reactions, it's the best studio film of the year. If not the decade. But we will see.

First of all, a few things. RED sensors, from the Dragon onwards, deliver great RAW footage straight out of the camera. I can accept the arguement that the default colour of the ARRI sensors is more pleasant, but that's because it has a built-in LUT for ProRes files. And that's a good thing, too.

But, seeing as every film has a LUT applied to it, there is no meaning behind any of that. ALEV-III will have more DR than MX, but as far as captured colour goes, there is no difference. One could argue that MX actually has more colour information, and I'd have to defer to others on that.

At the end of the day, both sensors can be matched perfectly, and this is evident in this case. And it's not the Alexa that RED wants to be like. It's film, and then some.
    :D Yes! Ty!