Thread: DRAGON in the used marketplace - question

Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugh Scully View Post
    I thought about selling - looking at what I could get to replace it. Then I got back to a project I am working on shot on the Dragon. The images, especially since IPP2 are beautiful. Screw it. I’ll just risk it. I’m not selling. I’m just going to keep on shooting with it until I can’t.
    Exactly. I said the the same thing. Just shot this on MG 6k

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4TBYqVgh-E/

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Looks great, as usual, Bob. Especially on the shadow side of their faces. Just right to stay bright for the scene but with better modeling than you usually see. Nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Exactly. I said the the same thing. Just shot this on MG 6k

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4TBYqVgh-E/
    Ah the elusive weapon magnesium camera. Loved mine. It was over-specced for the price, so they killed it! I sold mine right before the price dropped out but also because i'm in an arri market. I haven't missed red since switching at all, but that cam and I shot some great stuff together! Dragon in the the DSMC2 body slays helium. Haven't shot monstro personally. Although I did a Netflix shoot and we had Alexa 65, Venice, and Monstro on drone!
    JAKE WILGANOWSKI
    Director of Photography / Filmmaker
    CINE-AUTOMATIC.COM

Not to much has changed in the owner operator world. You invest based on how many jobs it will take to recoup, make money after that, rinse and repeat. Regardless of RED's genius marketing 'obsolescence etc...' you've got to be a dummy to think much tech is serviceable beyond 4-5 years. The trade in program was interesting but no better than what most do, use for a few years then sell and buy the latest tech, the numbers pretty much evened out with less headache. It's quite simple.