Thread: Helium boot disaster on an amaizing location.

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thats the good thing with the modules. If shit hits the fan they can be replaced and yes not too much at risk when trying to fix them at Starbucks. :)
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro

Oh man what a sick location ideed. What I learned during my carrier working with cameras is, they can fail no matter which brand or size. So all that helps to be save is the one thing.
    "BRING A BACKUP."

That needs to be done "ALWAYS EVER!!!!"

we used to bring a A7RIII alongside with the main body. That helped us once when a FS5 completely faild on set.

With the Red Helium I do the same. Since the Pocket 4K/6K is there we use that one. Never had to use it with the Helium but you never know.
    The pockets is light enough and can take the same lenses if you have the right adapter. Not Red 8k quality BUT no time or money waisted on a really nice location.

Thats the only thing that will save you from these kind of situations.
    All we need is magination, a brain, a lens & a minimag

"ERIKA" RED HELIUM DSMC2 #0008325

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

My backup body will be a Komodo. (Now it's a A7mKIII)

The budget did not stretch to a second helium body but We did have a Gh5 with a PL mount but we were on a tight schedule and wanted to shoot between 4 and 6,the second unit started to roll, by the time I gave up on the Red we could not finish all the shotlist so the director decided not to use the footages. Probably also did not help it was first day and first location of the shoot with a crew I never worked or even met before. Things were far from smooth. Since then we shot the scenes on a different location. By the way I have to show some love to the Cooke anamorphics, I believe the 60 Macro is one of the finest optical design marvels out there.
    Director, Cinematographer, Photographer. www.richweisz.com
    DSMC2 Helium S35.

Quote Originally Posted by peter richweisz View Post
    The budget did not stretch to a second helium body but We did have a Gh5 with a PL mount but we were on a tight schedule and wanted to shoot between 4 and 6,the second unit started to roll, by the time I gave up on the Red we could not finish all the shotlist so the director decided not to use the footages. Probably also did not help it was first day and first location of the shoot with a crew I never worked or even met before. Things were far from smooth. Since then we shot the scenes on a different location. By the way I have to show some love to the Cooke anamorphics, I believe the 60 Macro is one of the finest optical design marvels out there.
    65mm

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    My backup body will be a Komodo. (Now it's a A7mKIII)
    Would love that too but until its there a lot can happen.
    I shoot right now to and can´t wait until a Komodo comes arround in half a year to a year from now on.
    Lets be honest, it will take time before the "regular professional" like I would call me get his hands on a Komodo brain in Germany. So the Pocket Cameras serve us very well ;)

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS

Quote Originally Posted by peter richweisz View Post
    Thats a shame for sure. would have been hard for me to for sure.

PORTFILIO | ECN STUDIOS