Thread: WC Easy Top DSMC2 lemo adapter alternatives?

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 WC Easy Top DSMC2 lemo adapter alternatives? 
    I've had 2 or 3 of the Wooden Camera Easy Tops for my RED Gemini and each time a connection wears out and I have to send in for repair or replacement. This time I'm wondering if anyone has found a better alternative. I need the 90 degree side output for Movi use and the RED DSMC2 lemo adapter sold by RED appears to have the lemo coming upward. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

I use the MovCam Lemo adapter attached to the operator side of the camera. I use it with a straight Lemo plug on one end and a 90 degree Lemo on the other end for monitor/evf use. Works like a champ. Connection is at the front of the adapter which to me, makes the most sense. For gimbal use, I use a 30" really light weight 90 degree Lemo cables (on both ends)- no issues at all. The 90 degree side does go outward- directly away from the body. Never had one issue with this MovCam adapter- guessing 2-3 years worth of use. Basically, it's been on the camera since we upgraded from Dragon to DSMC2 Helium 8K.

Alex, are you talking about this one?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...o_adaptor.html

Can you share a pic of how the Monstro looks rigged on Movi Pro by chance?