Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: JIM

Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    thanks Jim, you modernized our cinematography tools, to allow us achieve more each day

hope you health improves
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

God damn it, of course red will continue!

🤬

Craig Lees
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Metzker View Post
    Does this mean Red Digital is up for sale? Will Red continue? If the Hydrogen project is done and Jim quickly retires, what does this mean for the future of Red Digital??????
    Did you not read the post you quoted? Jarred Is running RED with the help of everyone that is still working there.

Did apple stop making products or go under when Steve Jobs passed away? No.

RED will not disappear, RED is strong, trusted brand in the industry, with thousands of faithful customers. They won’t go anywhere. Plus RED has the luxury of having Jim as a consultant, he’s just retiring, but that doesn’t mean he won’t have any input.
    Last edited by Colton John McLaughlin; 10-25-2019 at 11:04 AM.

Thank You Jim. it was a pleasure knowing you and I thank you for the opportunity to once work for RED in the early days which ultimately jump started my career in this industry! Enjoy your retirement. You deserve it
    Zakaree Sandberg
    Zakaree@Gmail.com
    Cinematographer / Local 600
    www.Zakaree.com

Jim,
    Thanks for shaking up the industry, big time.

Kudos as well for having the courage to start the Hydrogen program, and the wisdom to throw in the towel.

Your influence changed my life and it was a privilege to interact with such a cool and amazing entrepreneur.

I remain in spirit a part of your "army".

6. #56 Thank You Jim 
    Jim,

Thank you for being the single greatest innovator of filmmaking technology in the 21st century. I'm confident in the years and decades to come your legacy (and Red's in particular) will be recognized for the profound, positive impacts on the world at large. Thank you for being the driver of change the filmmaking industry desperately needed, even in the face of massive pushback from folks who are using cameras today that would not exist without your passion and vision.

Thank You,

Jon Salvia

Jim,

In REDucation 2010 I had the pleasure of asking you your opinion about the future of HDR film making now that you had released the Epic. You took a long drag from your cigar and then spent a solid 10 minutes sharing your perspective and passion with our class - and your attention to me at that early stage in my career was absolutely inspiring.

Since 2011, with the support of the RED team and community I've made a successful career move from Washington, DC to Los Angeles. Participated on productions using RED cameras for native stereoscopic acquisition like Prometheus. Used Red Scarlets to capture the first daily 4k production delivering to the YouTube platform with YouTube Nation. Utilized post technologies like Adobe, Resolve, Nuke, Flame, Avid, and Mistika that have all pioneered better production quality using the RED codecs and color science. And made long lasting relationships with filmmakers I never would have known if you hadn't founded RED and infused it with your passion and innovation.

It may be a decade before all the innovation and forward momentum you motivated is fully recognized. So many tools and films simply wouldn't exist and the industry would not be where it is today, with streaming platforms offering 4k UHD HDR and all the production and post technology that goes into making it, without you.

Sending you sincere gratitude for all that you have done and continue to do for all of us just by being who you are.
    Peter Salvia
    Manager - Creative Services
    Disney ABC Television Group
    Scarlet-X #00366 "Athena"

Good luck with the health issues Jim, and congratulations on making it to a well-earned retirement.

Here's to many more years yet of still having your input and influence around the place though.

As one of the many who've benefited, in my own roundabout way, from your efforts so far, thanks, and all the best to you and yours.

Jim, you are a lucky human being to be afforded the life you’ve led. I believe you understood this and set about to take advantage of said opportunity, and embarked on a journey to make the world a better place...while some might question how a for profit company in the Film & Television industry might do so, many of us understand it.

You’ve revolutionized storytelling in such a great way. I am certainly thankful.

Mr. Jannard - The mark was set. The bar raised. Thank you for the indelible contribution.