Thread: USSR Helios 85mm f1.5 (silver) w/ Case + Acc. - Canon EF (zeiss biotar copy)

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 SOLD - Helios 85mm f1.5 (silver) w/ Case + Acc. - Canon EF (zeiss biotar copy) 
    Up for grabs is a Russian Helios 85mm. I'm going to miss this thing. The lens was manufactured in 1962 with the rare silver finish. Excellent bokeh, great speed. The optical design is based on (stolen from, haha) Zeiss Biotar, which keeps this lens in high demand. Feels rock solid in hand.

The lens comes with the original 3 filter set and leather case. Aperture is de-clicked.

It also includes a custom focus gear and Canon EF adapter / caps. Front cap is aluminum. Original lens mount is M39, so it can be easily adapted to many other mounts. The limited coatings on this lens create really great looks, a major strength. Overall in excellent shape for being almost 60 years old, it's basically an antique. I can see a couple dust specs inside, but nothing that's ever been visible on camera. Focus and aperture rings all turn as they should. The focus rings on these lenses were never creamy smooth feeling, but this one turns better than the other vintage copies I've owned. The aperture blades show some surface scuffs, but otherwise look and move well. No Fungus.

I've been using this lens for portrait shots primarily, which it excels at. The ONLY reason I'm selling it is that my lens collection is out of control. I need to thin down to reinvest in other equipment. This is a good chance to score this lens without having to import from Russia, and deal with customs. Here are the details:

SHIPPING: USA/Canada only
    PRICE: $375, with free CONUS shipping!
    PAYMENT: PayPal

Please message me with anything else. Plenty of pics below. Thanks!
    *And no, my camera is not included.

Other Specs:
    "Helios 40" MADE in USSR-1962
    -Lens mount:M39 + Canon EF adapter
    -Focal length:85 mm
    -Aperture: f1.5-f22
    -Focusing range:from 0.8 m to infinity
    -Filter Size: 66
    Lens comes with front+rear lens cap,3 x original lens filters (light yellow-GS-12, dark yellow GS-18, Orange OS-12), original lens case.

Last edited by Kevin DeOliveira; 10-26-2019 at 04:48 PM.
    FACTION
    wearefaction.com

Thanks for the messages.
    Lens is SOLD!
    FACTION
    wearefaction.com

Have any more of these lenses at different mm? Hoping so :)
    Director | Photographer | Editor
    Part 107
    www.tgsfilm.com
    Orlando, FL