Thread: 8k probs

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Yes, you want 4X cables to broadcast 4X UHD 4K signals to form your UHD 8K image. Yes. Use Nvidia Mosiac.

This will be less of an issue in 2020. Your television model will eventually support HDMI 2.1 and a single cable connection.
    Great,
    Thank you!

Why did you buy an 8k TV? If you are using it as a TV, you would be better off using the extra $ for a larger/better 4k set.
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Why did you buy an 8k TV? If you are using it as a TV, you would be better off using the extra $ for a larger/better 4k set.
    Not if you are looking to view 8K content properly at 8K resolution.

Same conversations back when there were only a few thousand UHD 4K televisions around too.

But yeah, in 2019 people sort of noticed that instead of $$$,$$$ for UHD 8K TVs, they suddenly existed for $,$$$ for the first time. Decent ones too with some of the best color performance you can get even.

Hold onto your butts for 2020. It's gonna get nuts.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    I want to use it as a 3rd monitor for editing AND watch real time 8k awesome footage that I shot with the Reds and also I created with fx on top of the 8k footage.

You see LOTS of mistakes like that. As a result you can make better movies. Of course best is to prevent them before editing but I'm not Kubrick.

Too bad they do not offer it in 3D. Would have been unreal.

In the pic you can see the 4k-3D Samsung to the left, the 82" Q900 8k and the 1080p 3D to the right.

I think to have them Now all 3 working and the middle in 8k I'll need another RTX8000?

So.. 4 display to hdmi's from 1 rtx go to 8k and 2 from the other one to the other 2.

I need the GPU power of 2 cards for Vray and Arnold/editing at least. Also the 8k footage is playing real time.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Ken Wilson; 10-30-2019 at 02:14 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9K9oU_VTQ8

Some good points here on how different technology can drastically change perceived sharpness. And some people eyeballing Phil's nice 8k content. Samsung's QLED 8K likely don't resolve the same resolution that an LG OLED and other modern OLEDs do. The pixel array and sub pixel design makes a massive difference here. Some of the newer 8k OLED panels should be very interesting.

I am inclined to say that I still don't quite understand the use case for 8K displays under 100" with the intention to watch content from your couch or normal viewing distance.

Higher resolution makes more sense when talking about desktop displays sitting on your desk.