Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: Screwed By Red

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Screwed By Red 
    I have a friend that sent in a 256GB Redmag and they said 2,350 bucks to fix it WTF. And I feel bad because I'm the one who sold him on RED. Initially it was 125 labor and 100 in parts SMFH
    This is crazy they said they fixed it and THE SAME FOOTAGE WAS STILL ON THERE AND IT STILL DOES NOT WORK
    Tim Wells You can borrow my 256GB until we get this sorted out.

Heres the full story.....

Caution sending equipment into RED for repairs. I sent in a REDMAG 240 that seem to not want to format anymore. Started a service request and sent it in to RED as I always have before. RED checked out the redmag and fixed it and charged me $100 plus shipping to get it back to normal. I thought ok, no big deal and paid it. I later received the redmag back to find out, they never even touched it! The mag still had the same footage on it that was on it when I sent it in the first time. I contacted them again and after several days and emails back and forth, they said they needed me to re ship it back again so they can give it a 2nd look. I sent it back to them and after a week or so they e-mailed me and said that the card needed a new SSD drive and the parts would be $100, and the labor would be $125. I asked them about the original $100 they charged me for the first time that false repairs was made. I was quickly told that there is NO refunds. Even though they charged me for work that clearly was never done.....Finally they did say that they would take the labor portion of the 2nd repair off the bill to compensate me. I thought OK that will work. This would make my original fees paid plus the new parts fees totaling $200. I got an additional e-mail 2 weeks after I gave the approval to do the work and the associated costs... RED informs me that they misquoted the repairs and the actual charge was $2,350 which blew me away as this cost more than a entire new card. They said sorry for the inconvenience. end of story. So now they have had my card for almost 5 weeks, and have charged my card for a service that they FALSELY performed and Im stuck empty handed except for my visa bill.....Thanks RED
    Last edited by Tim Wells; 11-05-2019 at 11:19 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    This doesn’t sound right... let me look into it.

Rest assured Leroy and Tim... I'm certain this will get sorted.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim Wells View Post
    Heres the full story.....

Caution sending equipment into RED for repairs. I sent in a REDMAG 240 that seem to not want to format anymore. Started a service request and sent it in to RED as I always have before. RED checked out the redmag and fixed it and charged me $100 plus shipping to get it back to normal. I thought ok, no big deal and paid it. I later received the redmag back to find out, they never even touched it! The mag still had the same footage on it that was on it when I sent it in the first time. I contacted them again and after several days and emails back and forth, they said they needed me to re ship it back again so they can give it a 2nd look. I sent it back to them and after a week or so they e-mailed me and said that the card needed a new SSD drive and the parts would be $100, and the labor would be $125. I asked them about the original $100 they charged me for the first time that false repairs was made. I was quickly told that there is NO refunds. Even though they charged me for work that clearly was never done.....Finally they did say that they would take the labor portion of the 2nd repair off the bill to compensate me. I thought OK that will work. This would make my original fees paid plus the new parts fees totaling $200. I got an additional e-mail 2 weeks after I gave the approval to do the work and the associated costs... RED informs me that they misquoted the repairs and the actual charge was $2,350 which blew me away as this cost more than a entire new card. They said sorry for the inconvenience. end of story. So now they have had my card for almost 5 weeks, and have charged my card for a service that they FALSELY performed and Im stuck empty handed except for my visa bill.....Thanks RED
    Hi Tim,

Just wanted to follow up on this and confirm that Trevor from our Support team has reached out to you on your open support ticket, and we are working quickly to make everything right.

Please do not hesitate to send me a PM if you have any questions, otherwise I will continue watching over this until it's completely resolved.

/Alan
    Director, Customer Experience

So what was the true story behind this?
    http://IronFilm.co.nz/Sound/ (Sound Recordist based in Auckland, NZ. Happy to travel too)
    https://www.youtube.com/c/SoundSpeeding

Quote Originally Posted by David Peterson View Post
    So what was the true story behind this?
    When you employ as many people as RED does, it's hard to keep them all on the same page at the same time all the time?

When you experience that as a customer, making a melodramatic, accusatory, attention-seeking post on the forums is one way to respond to it?

Just guessing.

On that note, does RED still fix older legacy system such as RED ONE, Scarlet and EPIC MX?

I am asking for a friend.
    < Someday I'll be cool enough to have something witty here >

9.   This is the last RED TEAM post in this thread.   #9  
    Hi Eric,

There are a number of products that RED no longer manufactures, repairs, or offers firmware/software upgrades for. We still offer technical support for all RED products (current and discontinued).

Linked is the list of products that RED is unable to repair, organized by category: https://support.red.com/hc/en-us/art...inued-Products