Thread: Blackmagic 6k vs Red

Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Iíve always thought the color from BM cameras is a bit thin and feels like it is sitting on the surface of the image rather than emanating from it.
    Fine color discrimination is mediocre at best.
    +1

It's one of the main reasons nobody buys BMD camera's and their color correction software is a joke and only used by Rand Thompson for fun.
    Those BMD guys know absolutely nothing about color, or is it colour?

All the images I have provided were sample images from Blackmagic's website except the girl walking down the alley which is from a YouTube poster. I don't see any reason why the blackmagic cinema cameras , knowing their limitations in certain situations , shouldn't be used. And like companies like Red, Arri, Sony, Panasonic...et al, blackmagic will continue to improve its cameras image quality.

Some people will use the BMPCC as their main camera which some will also do for the Red Komodo. So I'm sure the guys who will be using the Komodo as their main camera for their professional life also won't want their camera pissed on as well. Story is still king and as long as the camera meets the minimum requirements for the venues you wish to present your creative vision, don't let anyone shit on you because you don't own the equipment they own.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    All the images I have provided were sample images from Blackmagic's website except the girl walking down the alley which is from a YouTube poster. I don't see any reason why the blackmagic cinema cameras , knowing their limitations in certain situations , shouldn't be used. And like companies like Red, Arri, Sony, Panasonic...et al, blackmagic will continue to improve its cameras image quality.

Some people will use the BMPCC as their main camera which some will also do for the Red Komodo. So I'm sure the guys who will be using the Komodo as their main camera for their professional life also won't want their camera pissed on as well. Story is still king and as long as the camera meets the minimum requirements for the venues you wish to present your creative vision, don't let anyone shit on you because you don't own the equipment they own.
    +1 I wouldn't ask for a 'RED vs' comparison on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    +1

It's one of the main reasons nobody buys BMD camera's and their color correction software is a joke and only used by Rand Thompson for fun.
    That sarcasm.. I laughed so hard :'D
    SCARLET-W #004760

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    Iíve always thought the color from BM cameras is a bit thin and feels like it is sitting on the surface of the image rather than emanating from it.
    Fine color discrimination is mediocre at best.

Please guys, stop saying any negative comments about cameras on a camera forum, some people have still to go through puberty.

+1
    http://i68.tinypic.com/drcb4y.jpg

Analog > Camera feel optimization http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Camera performance optimization http://omeneo.com/primers

imdb

"Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

"L'esperanza", Sven Všth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol

Rented a Pocket 6K and have been using it for a few days now. I own a Raven and love it but wanted to see what these blackmagic cameras can do. At the end of both days I have told my self the RED is way better. The 6K has better low light for sure, but Gemini can fix that on my end and still keep that RED color and stay in the eco system. Overall so far I think BM has done a great job with the camera, but not close to even the chepaer Raven cameras to me.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    I own a Red Epic-W. 8k.

Watching this I preferred the BM footage, before it was revealed it was BM. I thought it was the Red.

I really don't know.

Typing on a hydrogen.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hbFQSp7ZzK8
    Tests like these are just stupid. If people were ever serious about tests, they would do multiple scenarios, do proper grading, do stress tests and then provide the original RAW files for people to stress through grading themselves. Youtube is flooded with tests by people like these and they aren't doing it seriously, they are doing it for the clicks. No professional would make a choice of camera based upon this type of comparison video.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600