Thread: Easy Rig VS PROAIM

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Bérenger Brillante View Post
    I had every confidence in the Easyrig because of that kind of thread here.
    But now....

I just had an Easyrig 3 600N failure, three days ago. It was a production own Easyrig, in excellent condition.
    We were using a Easyrig + Serene + Movi pro with a stripped down Gemini.
    The column literally broke in half during recording at the junction. It was a simple walking move with zero difficulties.

I don't trust the Proaim on the cords in the long terms, but it is still ok nevertheless especially if you change it.

I've owned an Easyrig 2.5 for years myself, and a Proaim Flowline with a Placid for the last two years.
    Seriously, they are both fine for owners. I wouldn't rent the Proaim though, just to be safe with the cords.

I actually find the Flowline vest more confortable than my 2.5 (well it's easy to be fair) but as confortable as the 3, maybe even more padded now that I think about it.
    Merci Bérenger.
    Great to read all those different feedback here.
    DSMC2 Monstro & Helium packages ready to shoot
    Gates Pro Action DSMC2 Water Housing
    SPL DSMC2 Custom Water Housing
    vincentkardasik.com
    Hossegor, France
    Water Cinematography Reel
    Instagram, Twitter and Vimeo

It seems like Easyrig and Proaim are the two brands that most people use. I wish the Easyrig Minimax went up to 20 pounds with their weight limit. There is such a massive price jump from the Easyrig Minimax to their next level.

Flycam Flowline: $1000 (9-27 pounds)
    Easyrig Minimax: $1250 (4.4-15.4 pounds)
    Easyrig Vario 5: $3500 (11-38 pounds)

Part of me feels that if the Easyrig Minimax went up to 20 pounds, then a lot less people would buy the knockoff. Or maybe offer another model in between the two for $1800?