Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: 6K Dragon-X DSMC2 Petition!

Closed Thread
Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast
    Thanks!!

What do we Dragon-X owners need to do if we want to do the paint touchup/full 6k front enclosure change?

Is the 4100 vat inclusive?
    Cinematographer, London
    Dragon-X 6K

www.joshbirchfilms.com
    Reel: https://vimeo.com/290364493

At the risk of asking a stupid question; does this upgrade programme benefit WEAPON 6K CF users? And if so, how? I’m fairly confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Ok all... this looks like this will go live December 17th(ish)

But since this started here for you all, you guys can get a head start to jump in and book your reservations now so when its time you are at the front of the line.

You'll need to game the system a bit and use the existing upgrade form on RED.com to kick the process off as it is the easiest and quickest way to get your information in. The details listed will be wrong but ignore all that we are just using the form to get your name serial etc.

https://www.red.com/dsmc2-upgrade-for-scarlet-w-form

SCARLET-W and WEAPON-MG users pricing for the upgrade is $4950.

Existing Dragon-X 5k owners will get the free firmware around the 17th as well, and if you want to send your camera in to get the 5k changed to 6k it will cost $150 for the paint touchup version, if you want a full 6k front enclosure change let your rep know we need to see how many of you are so we can see batch opportunities to keep the pricing down.
    Most excellent! To clarify, Dragon-x owners do not need to fill out the form unless they want the 5k to 6k changed on the front plate, correct?
    Red Dragon-x "Big-Skippy"

www.imaginationx.com

I have a Scarlet-W Monochrome, anyone has any idea how will this upgrade benefit my camera?
    Instagram: @rv12
    Vimeo: @rv12

+1 Scarlet-W
    #MakeItHappen...#ThatFiilmLife

Ty Hunt
    Director || Cinematographer
    Scarlet-W, Sigma Cine Primes

www.LightHawk.studio
    www.instagram.com/ThatDirectorTy

Submitted!
    Independent filmmaker. Owner of a production/ post production studio, including creation of DCPs

Jarred, please tell me this will extend into next year. Still not sure what we MG dudes all gain fully aside from staying on the tracks of this train and future upgrades and in camera IPP2. My worry is all future future upgrades will be locked out unless on Dragon-X (6K), Helium DSMC2, Gemini DSMC2 or Monstro DSMC2.

Quote Originally Posted by Samir Patel View Post
    Jarred, please tell me this will extend into next year. Still not sure what we MG dudes all gain fully aside from staying on the tracks of this train and future upgrades and in camera IPP2. My worry is all future future upgrades will be locked out unless on Dragon-X (6K), Helium DSMC2, Gemini DSMC2 or Monstro DSMC2.
    I'm also a bit unsure of the benefits to us Mg owners, so I'm struggling to justify the upgrade cost for IPP2 in camera (and slightly higher data rates?). Not sure if it is better to save the money for DSMC3, or if this is perhaps our only path to DSMC3. Would be great to know if there will be an option for Weapon Mg (DSMC2) -> DSMC3 or if we have to go DSMC2 -> DSMC2 (unified) -> DSMC3.

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Harris View Post
    Hey everyone,

RED has put together a few RED DSMC2 DRAGON-X 6K FAQs. Take a look, hopefully they help!
    This doesn't seem to work :/

Edit: I checked the link, and had to search directly for the DSMC2 Dragon-X upgrade. However, it doesn't have anything with regards to specs, unless that's supposed to be on this page that isn't working?

https://www.red.com/dsmc2-dragon-x-u...-for-scarlet-w