Thread: Introducing MacBook Pro 16-inch

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Introducing MacBook Pro 16-inch 
    Apple is like low key killing it this year.... Finally replacing my 2012 to 2019 MBP with my 2016 old iPhone 7 (Hahahah).

Year of 8..... 8K Cam, 8-core processor, 8GB GPU, 8TB SSD - THANK-U RED + Apple

Intel Core i9 processor (Up to 8-core processor).

Up to 64GB of memory (Up to 4.3x faster than 16GB).

16" Retina display (P3 wide color gamut, 500 nits of brightness).

Up to 8TB SSD storage (Up to3.2GB/s sequential read speed).

AMD Radeon Pro 5000M series graphics
    (with 8GB of GDDR6 VRAM, you’ll get up to 80 percent faster performance when executing tasks like color grading in DaVinci Resolve compared with the Radeon Pro Vega 20).

Four Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports (Up to 40Gb/s data transfer, Supports up to two 6K displays).

Six-speaker sound system, Dual force-cancelling woofers and studio-quality three-mic array.

100-Wh lithium-polymer battery (Up to 11 hrs of battery life).

MBpro 16" with 8K REDRAW
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz3uTlRb9vE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysRi...ature=emb_logo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk5rpK6SpX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaSp-NNoraw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDAv4qOU_04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS6N1xkmKsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOY784F7aSQ
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Well this stinks. I upgraded my computer after many years just over a month ago and now this. At the time, I thought, "32GB of RAM is the most I can get?" Ahem. And running Premiere with Media Encoder is eating up every bit of it. What I wouldn't give to be able to ask Apple for a swap for the 16" with 64GB of RAM and 4 or 8TB of storage! This is one time I'm not thrilled with Apple. GRRRR...

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelan View Post
    Well this stinks.
    Why not sell it and get the new one?

Yes, there is some loss of money, but a new MacBook Pro in good condition should hold its value pretty well.

If it really was just over a month ago, I would go to an Apple Store (if you have access to one) and talk to them. Tell them you feel a bit cheated and that you want to spend some money on a loaded new 16". I wouldn't be surprised if they took it back, minus a restocking fee, if it's in 'like new' condition.

I've had products that were just out of warranty that were still fixed for free because Apple has an unofficial grace period of another month that they can apply on a case by case basis. It's obviously pretty sour if something happens two days after the warranty ended.

Talk to them. Make your case.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreeMarkefors View Post
    Why not sell it and get the new one?

Yes, there is some loss of money, but a new MacBook Pro in good condition should hold its value pretty well.

If it really was just over a month ago, I would go to an Apple Store (if you have access to one) and talk to them. Tell them you feel a bit cheated and that you want to spend some money on a loaded new 16". I wouldn't be surprised if they took it back, minus a restocking fee, if it's in 'like new' condition.

I've had products that were just out of warranty that were still fixed for free because Apple has an unofficial grace period of another month that they can apply on a case by case basis. It's obviously pretty sour if something happens two days after the warranty ended.

Talk to them. Make your case.
    A step ahead of you...

And Apple said yes. Yee. and. Haw.

There you go.

A step ahead of you...

Return of the Mack (16") Hahahhaaha
    Good Luck Mark

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Kwan Khan View Post
    Return of the Mack (16") Hahahhaaha
    Good Luck Mark
    Have to say Apple was great about it. I simply called and told them of having purchased the computer a little over a month ago. The kicker is the 16" exactly configured as my 15" costs $250.00 LESS with 64GB of RAM than mine with its 32GB of RAM. They didn't have to do it, but were very accommodating and I really do appreciate it. That's great customer service. Much like RED.

Have to say Apple was great about it. I simply called and told them of having purchased the computer a little over a month ago. The kicker is the 16" exactly configured as my 15" costs $250.00 LESS with 64GB of RAM than mine with its 32GB of RAM. They didn't have to do it, but were very accommodating and I really do appreciate it. That's great customer service. Much like RED.
    Nice,

The new MacBook Pro isn’t the redesign which I was hoping, however all their Mac hardware design is the brightest this year. They are listening to their professional customers and giving them what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwan Khan View Post
    The new MacBook Pro isn’t the redesign which I was hoping...
    What were you hoping for?

Looks like the major redesign is going to be next year. Micro LED HDR screen is coming. They are slowly getting away from Jony's "form before function" nonsense. That said I've waited as long as I could with my 2012 15" and just pulled the trigger for a maxed out 16".