Thread: Introducing MacBook Pro 16-inch

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    I think the micro-LED / XDR display will make it to the MacBook Pro in the next major revision, but I don't think it will be next year. I bet in about a year, there will be a mostly-quiet spec bump that brings us 10th gen CPU with WiFi AX and an updated AMD GPU to go along with it. Otherwise same machine. I think the next major update will be 3 to 4 years... again.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwan Khan View Post
    Year of 8..... 8K Cam, 8-core processor, 8GB GPU, 8TB SSD - THANK-U RED + Apple
    If only there were 8 PORTS!! :)

This update was so close to everything on my list... so close.

Their keyboard situation was inexcusable from 2016-2019, so that's really just resetting back to "doesn't suck." I'm glad it's fixed, but don't give them a lot of credit there. Apple is held back by Intel on the processor side, so while a speed bump would have been nice, I can't fault them there.

Glad to see signs in the right direction, but I'm waiting this one out to see if these new keyboards truly do fix the reliability problem... And maybe by that time, the next generation will add a couple more ports :D

You won't get more ports until we get more PCIe lanes on these mobile CPUs. Quad TB3 is already providing more I/O potential and bandwidth than any other laptop maker out there, so not sure what you're hoping for. What you won't see from Apple is other USB, HDMI, etc.. ports that can be facilitated within the TB3.

And yeah, 8 ports would be pretty amazing. And overkill.
    - Jeff Kilgroe

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    You won't get more ports until we get more PCIe lanes on these mobile CPUs. Quad TB3 is already providing more I/O potential and bandwidth than any other laptop maker out there, so not sure what you're hoping for. What you won't see from Apple is other USB, HDMI, etc.. ports that can be facilitated within the TB3.

And yeah, 8 ports would be pretty amazing. And overkill.
    Yep 1x8 lanes for the GPU and 2x4 lanes for the 2x TB3 controller, the thunderbolt 3 ports share the bandwidth with their neighbour.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    I think the micro-LED / XDR display will make it to the MacBook Pro in the next major revision, but I don't think it will be next year. I bet in about a year, there will be a mostly-quiet spec bump that brings us 10th gen CPU with WiFi AX and an updated AMD GPU to go along with it. Otherwise same machine. I think the next major update will be 3 to 4 years... again.

Agreed on above, including Support for the latest WiFi 6 802.11ax

In addition to;
    720p FaceTime HD? (lol)
    Do not know why they keep refusing to allow a touch-screen in a MacBook
    UWB

However, Apple is pushing the ‘world’s best pro notebook and I am all in...

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan Verlaan View Post
    If only there were 8 PORTS
    As many Ports you need there are many options (lol - just jokin')

No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

MacBook Pro 16” 2019 Teardown

No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel

Quote Originally Posted by Remington Chase View Post
    Looks like the major redesign is going to be next year. Micro LED HDR screen is coming. They are slowly getting away from Jony's "form before function" nonsense. That said I've waited as long as I could with my 2012 15" and just pulled the trigger for a maxed out 16".
    I'm so glad someone else held onto their 2012 MBPr this long haha! Also pulled the trigger for a maxed out but with 2TB :)

Look at what just arrived. This was in China YESTERDAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Phelan View Post
    Look at what just arrived. This was in China YESTERDAY! https://www.instagram.com/p/B5Ic_WhFj60/
    Straight from the Chinees factory?

Quote Originally Posted by Misha Engel View Post
    Straight from the Chinees factory?
    That’s how it normally works. Mine should be leaving China soon as well...
    - Jeff Kilgroe