Thread: BUYERS BEWARE - DO NOT DEAL WITH JESSE CONTI

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 BUYERS BEWARE - DO NOT DEAL WITH JESSE CONTI 
    I'm unsure if this post will be approved by admin, and I understand if it's not, but I wanted to post a word of warning to all fellow RED users to not buy from / sell to / deal with in any way Jesse Conti. I tried buying a piece of equipment from him earlier in the year, and have been thoroughly ripped off. Jesse did not want to use eBay or Paypal, so I agreed in an effort to save us both money and make the deal sweeter. Of course Jesse saw this as an opportunity to rip me off, and as things stand, I've been without the funds or the gear for close to nine months - and I needed it desperately for a shoot. Since then its been one excuse after another - waiting to be paid for a job / can't do the refund through Paypal / am out busy working (but have time to message every day with a fresh excuse) / I had broken my foot (which must stop his hands working).

As things stand I'm still out of pocket and without the gear.

I guess my hope is that people will search for his name before choosing to deal with him. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions - or if you've been similarly conned.

Sorry to hear. Hope you get your money back soon!

Thank you for sharing!

I’m sorry to hear about your experience. I would like to say however that I’ve purchased from Jesse Conti in the past with zero problems. He’s been a long time reduser and long time seller of gear. It’s only fair if you express your bad experience that I share I’ve had nothing but positive interactions with him.
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

Tim, this is the second thread about Jesse tho...
    TOMMASO ALVISI | tommasoalvisi.com
    Weapon 6K Carbon Fiber #1605 aka qp
    instagram | twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Tommaso Alvisi View Post
    Tim, this is the second thread about Jesse tho...
    Interesting... I thought this was the same situation actually not a new one. I sent Jesse a message this morning on Facebook.
    Tim Daust
    Reelmind Studios
    WEAPON HELIUM 8K S35 #6197 "Wicked"
    DSMC2 GEMINI 5K S35 #15175 "Jade"
    @TimDaust @ReelmindStudios

I too had a bad experience with Jessie.

Hesitated to post on the last thread.

He agreed to buy a camera from be in installments.

He finally did pay off the camera but it was months late. I had to bother him weekly for payment. Our contract stated that a failure to pay would require him to return the camera. I asked repeatedly for him to do that and he blew me off saying he'll have me paid in a week. This went on week after week.

As of today he still owes me $200 for half of the overnight shipping.

It's not worth the hassle for me to text him over and over to try and collect it from him.

Obviously he has no intention of paying me that since it's been months now.

In his defense he did suffer an injury that supposedly prevented him from paying. But the injury happened basically immediately after shipping him the camera. So who knows.

Anyway. Just wanted to share my experience.

Thanks for the comments here. Didn't feel great about posting this but sort of felt a duty to do it. As things stand I've still not been paid, although Jesse is in touch with me.

Sorry to hear about your experience Troy, but i'm glad it got sorted out for the most part. We've got pretty similar stories, what with being strung along week after week.

I hesitated when I saw the last thread too. A couple years ago I had a similar experience with Jesse Conti. I purchased some Red mini-ssd cards from him. They did not arrive. When I asked about them Jesse was instantly hostile towards me about my asking, saying he was on a shoot and still using the cards, and was not sure when he would be ready to ship them. Then there were other excuses. I forgot how I finally resolved it, but I did have to get Paypal to step in to make it right.

Thanks Sean. A shame more of this is coming out of the woodwork, but again, hopefully people might see this before falling into the same situation with Jesse.

I’m pleased to say that my situation with Jesse Conti has finally been resolved! Although Paypal and Jesse’s bank took the full 75 days to credit me the amount that was taken out with the chargeback Jesse was there throughout the process doing everything that he could to make it right.