Thread: GROUP BUY - Core SWX EVO Battery Backup Module

Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Warning for those planning to use this with Alexa mini. The EVO will force you to swap the battery at around 12.9V reading on camera. I find my core batteries still have another 30% , roughly 20mins of runtime at this point, but the EVO will not accept them below this point. I have been trying to get the folks at CORE to make me a custom firmware to solve this, which they said was possible, for several months with no progress.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogesh Khubchandani View Post
    Just wondering if it is possible to include the dsmc2 models of eco included in this group buy?
    Link for dsmc2 gold evo https://www.coreswx.com/store.coresw...t/evo-dsmc2-g/
    Hi Yogesh,

The EVO DSMC2 is not offered on this Group Buy because of the discount structure. If you are interested, you can participate in this Group Buy and send your unit in for hardware modification. The modification will take about 2-3 weeks and cost an additional $500. With the DSMC2 EVO MSRP at $1349, you are still saving a considerable amount. Please let us know if you have questions.

Thanks!
    Zack Shannon | Battery Guy | Los Angeles

*NEW GEAR*
    Hypercore NEO
    Power Management Control Distribution Box
    Helix Dual Voltage Batteries
    Fleet Micro Chargers

I'd love 1x EVO-V and 1x EVO-MOD24.

Thank you thank you!
    Epic-X Dragon #8014

Also, please add EVO-MOD24. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by James J Lamberg View Post
    Warning for those planning to use this with Alexa mini. The EVO will force you to swap the battery at around 12.9V reading on camera. I find my core batteries still have another 30% , roughly 20mins of runtime at this point, but the EVO will not accept them below this point. I have been trying to get the folks at CORE to make me a custom firmware to solve this, which they said was possible, for several months with no progress.
    Hi James,

While the EVO's primary function is to allow for hot swapping, it is also designed to protect the onboard battery. It protects the onboard battery by preventing the onboard from being over-drawn/over-discharged. A modification can be made to your EVO but this requires hardware updates to push the current limitations. Please note, this modification may compromise battery protection functions. Modifications would take approximately 3 weeks.

Do you know the total load being applied to the battery? The % readout will vary based on the load.

Thank you,

*NEW GEAR*
    Hypercore NEO
    Fleet Micro Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Shannon View Post
    Hi Yogesh,

The EVO DSMC2 is not offered on this Group Buy because of the discount structure. If you are interested, you can participate in this Group Buy and send your unit in for hardware modification. The modification will take about 2-3 weeks and cost an additional $500. With the DSMC2 EVO MSRP at $1349, you are still saving a considerable amount. Please let us know if you have questions.

Thanks!

I also was interested in the DSMC2 model (well it's Reduser...)

X1 evo v mount please

Wanted to ask if this only gives the voltage read out, or if you can see time remaining on batteries like the red bricks.
    Modest Helium Kit + Pro Primes
    -GG
    ggcinema.com

Hey Grzegorz,

As long as you are using batteries that communicate with RED, the % readout will be available.

*NEW GEAR*
    Hypercore NEO
    Fleet Micro Chargers

Quote Originally Posted by Zack Shannon View Post
    Hi James,

While the EVO's primary function is to allow for hot swapping, it is also designed to protect the onboard battery. It protects the onboard battery by preventing the onboard from being over-drawn/over-discharged. A modification can be made to your EVO but this requires hardware updates to push the current limitations. Please note, this modification may compromise battery protection functions. Modifications would take approximately 3 weeks.

Do you know the total load being applied to the battery? The % readout will vary based on the load.

Thank you,
    Can you elaborate? Do you mean that the EVO is designed to protect the onboard battery meaning the battery attached to the EVO or the battery inside of the EVO?