Thread: Red Scarlet X - No image from sensor, firmware upgrade / calibration issues

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Red Scarlet X - No image from sensor, firmware upgrade / calibration issues 
    I am not sure if I fried my red today. I haven't been using it in awhile and was working of mains power supply. I shut it down incorrectly and then restarted. When I did the image from the sensor was white noise. I shut down correctly but the sensor image did not return. I thought perhaps it was black balance issue and tried calibrate. Left it running for over an hour, figured it was taking way too long so I tried a firmware update. When I restarted the while noise was gone and the image from the sensor was showing just black. The firmware killed my side handle so I downgraded to an earlier version. Got the handle back but still no picture. I have tried switching lenses and another black balance but it always seems to just run continously, upwards of an hour. Any idea's ? Is my red a paper weight? I really hope not. i was enjoying shooting so much right before the issue.
    Apologies in advance for the rambling post. I really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks as always

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by Adam H Stewart View Post
    I am not sure if I fried my red today. I haven't been using it in awhile and was working of mains power supply. I shut it down incorrectly and then restarted. When I did the image from the sensor was white noise. I shut down correctly but the sensor image did not return. I thought perhaps it was black balance issue and tried calibrate. Left it running for over an hour, figured it was taking way too long so I tried a firmware update. When I restarted the while noise was gone and the image from the sensor was showing just black. The firmware killed my side handle so I downgraded to an earlier version. Got the handle back but still no picture. I have tried switching lenses and another black balance but it always seems to just run continously, upwards of an hour. Any idea's ? Is my red a paper weight? I really hope not. i was enjoying shooting so much right before the issue.
    Apologies in advance for the rambling post. I really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks as always

Adam
    Hey Adam,
    Sounds like your ISP might be bad if you want to send it in to me to verify and repair let me know. shoot me an email contact@cgpent.com
    C.G. Productions and Entertainment

RED DSMC 1 Repair

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...TMf5gdvV-FxAln