Thread: Is it worth upgrading my Scarlet-W to Dragon-X

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 Is it worth upgrading my Scarlet-W to Dragon-X 
    I know it's a hard question to answer, and everyone has different bank accounts, but I am wondering what exaxtly I am would be getting for $4,950. How big, in your own words, is the leap from a Scarlet-W to a Dragon-X, as opposed to a Scarlet-W to a Gemeni... etc

Sounds like a free upgrade to 6K is happening, so that's chill.

I know you probably don't want to hear it, but it seems like a better play would be to ride out the SW until Komodo drops.

While Komodo has similar FPS and sensor size to SW, but it's 6k, has PD autofocus, dual-ISO modes, tiny batteries, half the size/weight, built-in screen, inexpensive media, Speedbooster support (for FF35 FOV and an extra stop) and is only ~$6k... That means even if you sell your entire SW+accessories for a meager $3.5k, you'd only be paying $2.5k out of pocket for a brand new Komodo (aka half the Dragon-X upgrade price).

And if Komodo actually ends up sucking for some unforeseeable/yet unknown reason, you could still upgrade your SW to DX.

It will take time to know the real abilities and qualities of Komodo.
    It's a brand new sensor, everything starts there.
    It is necessary to put in second place technical performances ... It is the sensor which counts above all.
    We just have to hope that this will be in the continuity of the Dragon sensor.
    But I have a doubt ... and the Global shutter is perhaps a false good news ...
    Soon we will know ...

Was it actually confirmed Komodo does have Dual ISO? I kept up pretty heavily on monitoring new posts in the Komodo page for a while and don't believe I saw that Daul-Iso was confirmed? I doubt komodo will have super high frame rates above 4k resolution so if thats a need I think Dragon-X 6k upgrade would be the way to go to get 5k/96-120fps which I doubt Komodo will have at least not at 8:1. I use it all the time on my Gemini and could not go without.
    R3D DSMC2 GEMINI