Although I am surprised they didn't reset the hours meter
    Cinematographer, London
    Dragon-X 6K

www.joshbirchfilms.com
    Reel: https://vimeo.com/290364493

Senior Member Christopher S Johnson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Birch View Post
    Although I am surprised they didn't reset the hours meter
    It's funny, as insignificant as that might seem, that was my main interest. I thought I was essentially getting a new camera.

Haha me too. I thought this would be the case because I thought it was a new sensor going in?

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher S Johnson View Post
    It's funny, as insignificant as that might seem, that was my main interest. I thought I was essentially getting a new camera.
    Cinematographer, London
    Dragon-X 6K

www.joshbirchfilms.com
    Reel: https://vimeo.com/290364493

Should I be expecting an email confirm or something right after filling out the upgrade request? In my delirium (due to the late hour and sudden excitement of seeing the upgrade path explained on RU) Iím second guessing myself about whether or not I filled it out correctly or left out some pivotal, vitally important piece of information.

RED Scarlet-W 5K Dragon "Genesis"

GOKER & BIT PRODUCTIONS

www.youtube.com/c/everythingmedieval

Donít expect anything.
    Theyíll contact you when they are ready for you sending your camera.
    But theyíre very nice if you contact them if you have any doubt, including the confirmation that you are in the list

So I currently have a Gemini, but had a scarlet-w as a b camera. Sold that months ago and got a pocket. Fast forward to now, I bought a dragon-x as a b camera and holy smokes. THIS THING IS STRAIGHT FIRE. I feel like it's way more sensitive in Low Light than the dragon x was.

Senior Member Adrian Weinbrecht's Avatar
    Hey Matt

How much more sensitive would you say Dragon-X is compared to Dragon X ? Also, How does is compare with Gemini ?

We still have 2x DSMC I Dragons and I must admit I love them, but I’ve been looking at Gemini and new Dragons.......

Thanks !

Quote Originally Posted by Matt stambaugh View Post
    So I currently have a Gemini, but had a scarlet-w as a b camera. Sold that months ago and got a pocket. Fast forward to now, I bought a dragon-x as a b camera and holy smokes. THIS THING IS STRAIGHT FIRE. I feel like it's way more sensitive in Low Light than the dragon x was.
    Wonder if you could shed some light on why youíre so much more excited about the DX than it sounds like you were about the SW? Iíd think the differences would be fairly minimal, no?

I've been very happy with the update....

Though now I'm on the fence whether I should just keep the Dragon X for awhile, or upgrade to Gemini?? Any other Dragon X owners in the same spot?

Quote Originally Posted by Fahnon Bennett View Post
    Wonder if you could shed some light on why youíre so much more excited about the DX than it sounds like you were about the SW? Iíd think the differences would be fairly minimal, no?
    When I went from Raven to S-W it felt like a huge upgrade. ISO performance was probably about 30% better plus the wider FOV. This is about the same increase in sensor size, plus much better frame rates.

I think it was a nice move on REDs part to offer something like this and wanted to support. Of course itís much easier to sign the list than pony up the cash plus 3 weeks of downtime. But thereís nobody else in this class of professional cameras who would offer something like this.

I totally get wanting to wait for Komodo ó but itís still unclear what exactly it will be, how much it will cost, and I bet it will be at least a year before itís in stock. DSMC3 will be insanely expensive no doubt.

Sounds like my dragon will be back next week so hopefully itís good!