Thread: GROUP BUY - Ergorig and Undersling!

Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Cresswell View Post
    Ergorig + undersling
    Gotcha.

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Sturgulewski View Post
    Ergorig and undersling!
    You got it, thanks!

TW
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

GB is CLOSED
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McKechnie View Post
    Just another one of the companies that I have a partnership with that Travis goes and poaches. Like seriously dude? This is the second time now you've done this. WOW.
    Can you inform me why "poaching" a manufacturer for a Group Buy is an issue? Does the organizer receive a cut of the proceeds, and do you have an exclusive agreement in these situations?
    LA-based DP DaveDP.com
    Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 // Zeiss CP.2 Primes EF+PL

Just curious, has everyone received their complete orders? I ordered an Ergorig and undersling and received the Ergorig a few weeks ago, but not the undersling. I was middle of the pack and ordered and paid as soon as I received the information from Travis. Adorama's website showed that my order was complete. I reached out directly to Ergorig via email that day to check if it was going to ship later or maybe it was just overlooked, but I never heard back. I also just reached out to the GB contacts at Adorama early this afternoon via email, as well, and haven't heard back either. So, has everyone that ordered and paid by the end of 2019 received all of their order?

I believe they are shipping out shortly, Cinema Devices is fulfilling the order

Quote Originally Posted by David Carstens View Post
    Can you inform me why "poaching" a manufacturer for a Group Buy is an issue? Does the organizer receive a cut of the proceeds, and do you have an exclusive agreement in these situations?
    Travis had done this before, with another one of my partners...and he swore to never do it again. Well, it looks like he lied, and took another one. It's basically the same as taking "clients." He knew I ran their previous GB, and instead of coming to me first and asking if it would be ok...he just did it anyways. That's just how he runs his business. We are a tight knit group here on RU...but so many people on here stab one another in the back.
    Chris McKechnie
    Director of Photography
    Email - redepicguy@gmail.com
    Reel - https://vimeo.com/314919326

Chris, I appreciate you and your past group buys and discussion, but unless I'm missing something I don't really see an issue or any reason to vilify Travis? I don't mean to offend, but unless I'm missing something:
    - The group buys are not happening simultaneously/competing against one another
    - This group buy offers the Undersling and also a better price point
    - If you are retired from group buys, does that mean anyone who wants to run a group buy in the future with a manufacturer you've run group buys with in the past needs your permission? Or that they ought refrain from running one at all? I'm not sure who that really benefits?
    - I don't see it as stealing a client unless you had worked together in the past with the same client. If I never met/work with you and you shot something with Nike last year, and I shoot something with Nike today, does that mean I'm stealing said client? I really only see it as stealing a client if you're competing for the same project, you put together a pitch as a team, and then your partner goes behind your back and takes the contract for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    Just curious, has everyone received their complete orders? I ordered an Ergorig and undersling and received the Ergorig a few weeks ago, but not the undersling. I was middle of the pack and ordered and paid as soon as I received the information from Travis. Adorama's website showed that my order was complete. I reached out directly to Ergorig via email that day to check if it was going to ship later or maybe it was just overlooked, but I never heard back. I also just reached out to the GB contacts at Adorama early this afternoon via email, as well, and haven't heard back either. So, has everyone that ordered and paid by the end of 2019 received all of their order?
    I ordered thru Adorama on Jan 12 and have not received my shipment as of Feb 5 2020.
    LA-based DP DaveDP.com
    Fujinon Cabrio 19-90 // Zeiss CP.2 Primes EF+PL

Quote Originally Posted by Chris McKechnie View Post
    It's basically the same as taking "clients." He knew I ran their previous GB, and instead of coming to me first and asking if it would be ok...he just did it anyways. That's just how he runs his business. We are a tight knit group here on RU...but so many people on here stab one another in the back.
    Hey Chris!

I see you're back trying to make this thread about you again.

Let me clear up a few things here since you can't let this go.

First off, I never stole any of your clients. And you don't seem to understand how a capitalistic market works. You and I aren't friends. We've never met. We've never worked together. We don't know each other. Our only connection is that I bought your old Dana Dolly on facebook and participated in one of your previous group buys. So the idea you're spreading that I "stole your client" is false. For example, if you've worked for the NFL in Kansas City, I don't need to ask your permission to take on a job for them when they call me. You don't have a contract with anyone, I didn't contact anyone through a relationship with you.

You've been in the business a long time, why do I have to explain this to you?

Secondly, this is what happened with Voyager. You publicly retired from group buys, announced it here and then didn't respond to Inovativ's emails. So THEY REACHED OUT TO ME. I ran a group buy on Voyager, you got upset and PM'd me. I was honestly surprised as I'd seen you were no longer doing deals but I apologized anyway! You refused to accept my apology and said you could never trust me again, whatever that means. You commented some petty stuff on my social accounts and so I blocked you.

Thirdly, I ran this group buy through Cinema Devices and Adorama. Again, THEY REACHED OUT TO ME. Neither of those companies has ever heard of you! Running a group buy on the Ergorig PRODUCT itself does not entitle you to some type of Godfather status where I need to ask your permission to run a group buy. I was respectful and courteous in mentioning your contribution to the community, not because I had to but because that's the way I roll. Our discount was better, we included more. We sold more.

Anyone who has followed my career or participated in a group buy that I've run knows I do it with integrity. I'm sincerely sorry to anyone here who finds this all ludicrous and had to read that post. I tried ignoring Chris but he won't go away. Chris, I had a ton of respect for you before all of this dude. Is this really how you want to spend your time and energy?

I tried to keep this thread on topic but at a certain point I feel called to defend myself. I'm not going to turn this into a Chris v me debate as it's clear he will continue coming back to fuel his anger and jealousy. So Chris, say whatever you want in return. I've stated the facts. Anyone who wants to can read them and decide for themselves how to feel.

While I am upset that you've chosen to attack my character, I still wish you nothing but the best in your future endeavors and career. This is all I have to say on the matter.

TW
    Last edited by Travis Wears; 02-05-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    Epic-W 8K Helium #1657
    www.traviswears.com