Thread: A Warning about Wooden Camera Push Button Arri Rosette

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 A Warning about Wooden Camera Push Button Arri Rosette 
    I just tried these out

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...i_rosette.html

They are straight out dangerous, the rig I was using was about 15 pounds, pretty small setup, the rosette locking mechanism can't take the weight, and I'm guessing with the easy rig taking most the weight, we are talking under 10 pounds of pressure. I nearly smashed the front end of the camera.

If this was used on a shoulder mounted camera, and someone were to commit to grabbing the camera by the handles and launch it on the shoulder... this is potentially a very dangerous situation for both operator and camera.

I read a few other reviews and similar situation, I'm shocked they still have it on the market.

Prahlad

That’s scary when you see your cameras life flash before your eyes. But I’ve been running one of these on my ErgoCine Bell Rocker grip that I run on my F55 and C300 in conjunction with my Canon 17-120(each rigged out is probably at least 25lbs, if not more) and I’ve lifted/tilted each one fully off my shoulder with nothing but the grip and sphere on the left side and it’s been solid as a rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    That’s scary when you see your cameras life flash before your eyes. But I’ve been running one of these on my ErgoCine Bell Rocker grip that I run on my F55 and C300 in conjunction with my Canon 17-120(each rigged out is probably at least 25lbs, if not more) and I’ve lifted/tilted each one fully off my shoulder with nothing but the grip and sphere on the left side and it’s been solid as a rock.

Really?, the Wooden Camera locks properly?, both of them I got are too weak to hold any kind of weight, weird, on BHphoto many other reviews of the same problem I'm having, it's shocking coming from wooden camera they are normally good.