Thread: The Witcher (Netflix Original) - Shot on Panavision Millennium DXL2

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    So I am late to the party here. I noticed oval bokeh in later episodes of Season 1, especially in the forest. "Panavision Primo Lenses" could describe both spherical and anamorphic lenses. Does anybody know which lenses are generally used where, and have thoughts on how the mixing of types works in this series?
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

I have mixed feelings about the show. on the one hand, I liked the actors' play and so on, but if we take the old theme of correlation with the book, then the series turned out to be not very monolithic in the paid interpretation of the plot. Recently, with the help of https://assignmentbro.com/uk/assignment-help-london, I wrote a small study in the form of an essay in which I compared the film and the original story. I can tell you that I like this form of research.
    Last edited by Samir Robinson; 11-22-2020 at 08:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Cage View Post
    Have not read the books, the game is somewhat fun. Yeah I fear also that this show gets multiple seasons, maybe they will get it right with the second season(cinematography and storytelling wise). The storytelling is basicly nothing more then, new monster pops up, Geralt defeats it. But maybe its just a personal preference. (I watched the rise of skywalker yesterday and while the movie sucked, I found the cinematography really impressive, and then I was reading some comments afterwards online and people were complaining they did not like the look (too much flashing, I LOVED THAT) and they preferred the look of "The Witcher". And I was like, can I even take these people seriously or is my taste so off..I'm an essay writer and our essay helper on https://essayhub.com/ writing service is most of the time gotten in touch with to offer essays to students in college or university.
    Well I've tried playing other games and didn't really enjoy them. I'm not a big fan of the pixel style, they tend to have more upsides but also more downsides. I did a side by side of the sun breaking through the clouds in The Witcher 3 versus the sun cresting over the horizon in Oblivion, and the quality/graininess difference in one was extreme. Also Oblivion and Skyrim both had beautiful landscapes, and The Witcher was usually excellent but some areas were marred by dull textures and garbage coloration. But book and writing are the best things that can ever be.

When I found out that Netflix was going to shoot a series based on my favorite book, I immediately realized that nothing good could be expected.

Firstly, I don't understand at all, why shoot adaptations? If you don't keep anything from the original story except names, isn't it easier to come up with your own? Why take all familiar characters and change characters, destinies. This is just fanfiction.

Secondly, I don't understand how with so much money you can make such a cheap picture.

"The Witcher" is a children's fairy tale. I wanted to see something like IP: adult, real, tough. In a series of games, they recreated a more realistic world: they also tell their own story, but it looks like a part of Sapkowski's WORLD.

The series is hard to believe: cartoon emotions and battles (straight "Cinderella"), fairies, balls and songs in the best traditions of Disney. And this whole kindergarten is stuffed with nudity. What audience was it filmed for? Caricature boring dialogues that are difficult to listen to. The word "destiny" is added to each pathetic.

Henry Cavill is not suitable for the main role: I would prefer to see someone more charismatic, without the voice of the terminator and the mop on the head.

Elves differ from humans only by their ears.

All stories are told stupidly, SENSE is completely lost. By the way, no one will explain to you what kind of "Pairing Spheres" and so on - google)) This was filmed for fans of a series of games and books ... (spoiler: the fans did not like it).

And it seems that there is something good in the series, for example, music (which is VERY similar to music from games?), There are interesting shots ... but the narrative is so unrealistic, boring, peculiar that it is difficult to watch.

The heroes have no charisma at all, many cool characters have been cut out, and boring left ones have been added. Strange actions that jump with a spread of 50 years without identification marks, events, emotions - all this smells like some kind of cheap kinets.

Quote Originally Posted by RussellAnderson View Post
    When I found out that Netflix was going to shoot a series based on my favorite book, I immediately realized that nothing good could be expected.

Firstly, I don't understand at all, why shoot adaptations? If you don't keep anything from the original story except names, isn't it easier to come up with your own? Why take all familiar characters and change characters, destinies. This is just fanfiction.

Secondly, I don't understand how with so much money you can make such a cheap picture.

"The Witcher" is a children's fairy tale. I wanted to see something like IP: adult, real, tough. In a series of games, they recreated a more realistic world: they also tell their own story, but it looks like a part of Sapkowski's WORLD.

The series is hard to believe: cartoon emotions and battles (straight "Cinderella"), fairies, balls and songs in the best traditions of Disney. And this whole kindergarten is stuffed with nudity. What audience was it filmed for? Caricature boring dialogues that are difficult to listen to. The word "destiny" is added to each pathetic.

Henry Cavill is not suitable for the main role: I would prefer to see someone more charismatic, without the voice of the terminator and the mop on the head.

Elves differ from humans only by their ears.

All stories are told stupidly, SENSE is completely lost. By the way, no one will explain to you what kind of "Pairing Spheres" and so on - google)) This was filmed for fans of a series of games and books ... (spoiler: the fans did not like it).

And it seems that there is something good in the series, for example, music (which is VERY similar to music from games?), There are interesting shots ... but the narrative is so unrealistic, boring, peculiar that it is difficult to watch.

The heroes have no charisma at all, many cool characters have been cut out, and boring left ones have been added. Strange actions that jump with a spread of 50 years without identification marks, events, emotions - all this smells like some kind of cheap kinets.

While your assertions have some merit, we here are discussing of cinematics and it's processes making the movie. We leave movie critics to vent their grievances on relevant forums. REDUser forum may not be one of them IMHO.