Thread: STOLEN: Gemini #00004 in Miami

Reply to Thread
  1. #1 STOLEN: Gemini #00004 in Miami 
    Unfortunately quite a bit of gear was stolen while down on an assignment here in Miami. The list includes a Zoom H6N Kit, Nucleus WFF, Panasonic S1H, 6D Mark II, Nikon N6000 and RED Gemini #00004 - all with accessories/glass/rigging/power, prepped and ready to shoot. It will be hard to track down the DSLR’s or glass on their own due to every one looking the same as the next; however, my Gemini is one of the originals with a dark space gray body and silver coin on the front. There’s only four others that look like it so if you see one show up on a random set, online or at a Pawn shop, would like to know about it and work on getting it back ASAP.

All equipment has tamper evident metallic, reflective, white and red “Property of Open Fire Media” stickers on them. The S1H has a sticker hidden behind the second flip screen which isn’t apparent unless you open the camera and flip it over to look down into the opening. It also has a small circle QR code sticker on it like the ones you see from LR. It not coming off at ALL so if you see a used baby for sale and it’s got that circle on it, we’re in business - will probably have five batteries and a EF converter bundled with it. The RED has a sticker on the back of the sidekick, so unless they strip it down to check, they won’t see it there and it’ll stay until hopefully someone comes across it and checks. Those are the two “hidden” stickers - all others are in plain sight.

Unless these kids wipe the camera my RED is set to record with folders that start in “L” ... so if in the weird chance someone gets or comes across footage that is L191 or higher .... probably looking at a good lead.

My Film camera had a roll of Vision3 200T film in it. It’s a bright blue roll with like a Times New Roman font on it. Not the kind you see every day. Might be a bit too out there but trying to give everyone the most distinctive parts of the kits that may stand out.

All of my cases are black pelican with mad stickers on them - some quite literally baked into the plastic from years in the sun and will be hard to remove with even a power washer. The RED case is unique because the foam is a custom laser cut piece that allows a fully rigged RED to sit directly inside without removing any peripherals. Never seen anyone else with it.

Feel free to share copy/paste around on any group you think may provide useful. Would be dope to at least get that brain back as it’s one of five and then I’m sure the rest of the gear can be tracked from that point. My guess is that things will start popping up online or in pawn shops within in 7-14 days so I’ll love you forever and give you homie rental deals if we can ping these weasels.

Thanks all and Happy 2020. It just be hittin’ a lil different right now. Contact is 219.208.0720 or LeviArnold@OpenFireMedia.com.

Levi, what a difficult time at the start of this year. I am sorry to hear and I will keep my eyes and ears open for the stolen gear. Will also pass on your post to a few DP's I know in the Miami area.

Thanks so much ... appreciate you.

Let's keep bumping this up. And I mentioned it on the Facebook group but if any gear is listed here, it needs have the serial number listed, I feel.

Really sorry to hear this Levi. I will also keep an ear out with folks I know in the Miami area.

Thanks guys. My compiled list of serial numbers is back in Indiana so for now my main concern is getting Gemini #00004 found as it's the easiest to identify with the body color and silver coin.

Levi, did you try searching for it on Craigslist? There are some websites where you can search the entire Craigslist website world wide. The Facebook group or marketplace is also a good place to look for the stolen Gemini. The thief is most likely not a cameraman and just sees the Gemini for it's value so he will try and sell it soon for a too good to be true price. So if everyone is or will be purchasing a used Gemini soon and if you spot someone selling one then request to see the serial number. If they refuse which will raise red flags then let us know on this thread. Also since the Gemini is an original one it should be easy to identify.

I informed some of my friends in Miami about the stolen Gemini and gave them the serial number. Everyone should do the same. So if the thief is a cameraman and lives in Miami or close then there is a higher chance of him running into someone who knows about the stolen Gemini. Can also search on Instagram to see if someone in Miami uploaded a photo of the Gemini.

Levi, really sorry to hear what happened I live in Miami and I had a bit of gear stolen from my truck last year. What part was your stuff stolen in? I could pass by a couple pawn shops to check them out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jose Nodarse View Post
    Levi, really sorry to hear what happened I live in Miami and I had a bit of gear stolen from my truck last year. What part was your stuff stolen in? I could pass by a couple pawn shops to check them out for you.
    Dude that would be amazing. Made some passes but I think it was too soon after the break-in for anything to pop-up. It was in Bayfront area but then the last ping I got on a Tile tracker was over in the Miami Shore/Pinewood area.