View Poll Results: Would you prefer a BTS Docuseries

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A) Streamed Live Unedited & Unfiltered

2 14.29%
  • B) Streamed Post Recording Edited & Slimmed Down

12 85.71%

Thread: ***WANTED*** Opinion/Advise on BTS Reality Docuseries!

Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 ***WANTED*** Opinion/Advise on BTS Reality Docuseries! 
    Edit, thanks for the replies.

Senior Member David J. Buchanan's Avatar
    B) is best, because most of the time RAW footage is really boring.

The only success I've seen with that is DP/30 interviews on YouTube and usually, it's because I'm interested in the person he's interviewing. But there's no real story... Stories need pacing, even when you tell them verbally.
    BLACK - Now on Amazon!
    Corporate G&E Package
    Monstro, Zeiss Otus 28, 55, 85
    davidjbuchanan.com | wecofilms.com

Quote Originally Posted by David J. Buchanan View Post
    B) is best, because most of the time RAW footage is really boring.

The only success I've seen with that is DP/30 interviews on YouTube and usually, it's because I'm interested in the person he's interviewing. But there's no real story... Stories need pacing, even when you tell them verbally.
    Thanks for your opinion David.

I tough so too, especially because I am hoping to also get this Docuseries on Netflix, even so it will most likely start out as a Social Media one.

So getting it done and Streamed Post Recording, after a good Edit to Slim Down all bits and pieces, would offer a better option, but had a discussion with a good friend which argued that it would be much more interesting to know that it was Live and that it was being Streamed Live with anything goes attitude, instead of filming an Unscripted Live Docuseries but then go and edit it.

Any ways, I see so far that most do think that B is the best option, so hopefully we'll get more inputs, and will make final decision, and thanks again for taking the time to share your opinion.

Streaming live is all about having contact with your audience and basically interacting and reading comments

this would require a built-in audience and content... celebrity interactions/guests, locations, interesting topics

people usually stream live occasionally and most of the time just make content/videos to build their audiences'
    I have to try and change the landscape, whatever it is.
    -Robert Plant

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery Anderson View Post
    Streaming live is all about having contact with your audience and basically interacting and reading comments

this would require a built-in audience and content... celebrity interactions/guests, locations, interesting topics

people usually stream live occasionally and most of the time just make content/videos to build their audiences'

Yes,
    And as I truly hope and look forward to have it as a SVOD Docuseries, option B makes that much more sense, and as you say, there always will be the occasional Live Streamed when those special occasions call for it.

Senior Member Adrian Weinbrecht's Avatar
    Go for B Ketch

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Weinbrecht View Post
    Go for B Ketch
    With only one vote for A, at this point Adrian,
    It sure looks like that will be the case.

Thanks for sharing your opinion, much appreciated.

Please do some live-streams on Instagram though!

That’s a great way to bring viewership and interest funnel to your main platform.

Even if you did like 15 min a day live-streams of some fun moments , people will tune in!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Kanes View Post
    Please do some live-streams on Instagram though!

That’s a great way to bring viewership and interest funnel to your main platform.

Even if you did like 15 min a day live-streams of some fun moments , people will tune in!
    For sure Dan!

Again, originally this was intended as a social media only platform, hence the doubt of making it Unedited and Unfiltered Live Stream, but even so it has evolve to a full pledged Docuseries, it is now intended for SVOD, but will most definitely do daily live streams on all social media channels, well, not sure all of them, but once we crack down the best ones will surely which are worth doing live streams in and which ones aren't, but Instagram for sure!

Ok,
    Surely I hoped for a much higher participation, but thankful just the same for those that did participated and kindly shared their opinions and those that voted.

Enough at the end to help me make my decision... "B" it is with scattered social media livestreams moments.

Thanks again...