View Poll Results: Would you prefer a BTS Docuseries

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • A) Streamed Live Unedited & Unfiltered

2 14.29%
  • B) Streamed Post Recording Edited & Slimmed Down

12 85.71%

Thread: ***WANTED*** Opinion/Advise on BTS Reality Docuseries!

Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Only if Roger Deakins is doing a livestream of his latest movie, I might be interested. Even then the audience will not know what is happening as the Gods will be whispering amongst themselves and discussing the current problems. Many years ago, when I was still in a job, I had the opportunity to see Ed Kashi shoot for a National Geographic feature. Talking with him before, during and after the shoot was a learning experience. Without context watching some livestream makes no sense at all as it won't match with the audience's time as well as expectations. So better that you shoot, edit and show in snippets.

Also, livestream means cost and spending energy on it. And if only a handful of people watch it, then it will deflate your ego and hurt your pocket simultaneously.

One more vote B!
    Epic #06696
    Epic-W #004069

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    Only if Roger Deakins is doing a livestream of his latest movie, I might be interested. Even then the audience will not know what is happening as the Gods will be whispering amongst themselves and discussing the current problems. Many years ago, when I was still in a job, I had the opportunity to see Ed Kashi shoot for a National Geographic feature. Talking with him before, during and after the shoot was a learning experience. Without context watching some livestream makes no sense at all as it won't match with the audience's time as well as expectations. So better that you shoot, edit and show in snippets.

Also, livestream means cost and spending energy on it. And if only a handful of people watch it, then it will deflate your ego and hurt your pocket simultaneously.
    Thanks for sharing your opinion, and again option B was always the intended one, but I had doubts I was not taking advantage of a livestream properly, so I posted this.
    But in all honesty I am very glad that option B is the way to go, as it will undoubtably allow me to offer the team a better chance at creating better material, and also not every one that will be involved would have likely accepted to do a livestream, where I am more confident just about every one will go with option B under the agreement that they can be edited out completely should they not like what they see once done.

PS: Too bad we didn't get a chance to meet while I was in Mumbai last year :)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Arvidsson View Post
    One more vote B!
    Thanks ;)