Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 513 of 580 FirstFirst ... 13413463503509510511512513514515516517523563 ... LastLast
Results 5,121 to 5,130 of 5797
    Hopefully the one Rand did is one of the blue based ones that Jarred and co are doing next.
    Scarlet-W 9706
    Alexa Mini

Darius,

I think any of the colors that Jarred and the Red Team will do will be amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    I think any of the colors that Jarred and the Red Team will do will be amazing!
    That’s my opinion as well. I never heard anything, so it seems I missed out on one of these orange-ish ones. Hopefully I can snag one in the next round. I’d really like a green or blue of some sort, or a purple... or...
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Jeff,

Hopefully there's a green or blue or purple with your name on it in the next round then. And if you need a color corrector for any sample beta footage, you know where to find me, HaHaHaHaHa. Jarred and the crew probably have colors and color treatments that we don't even know about up there sleeves.

Joshua,

I like the multitone look. It adds a whole lot more possible color combinations. I wish I knew how to use Photoshop, I did all of mine in Davinci Resolve which has limitations.
    Here's the psd if you want to mess around yourself. It's easy, you just select the layer and twiddle with the hue/saturation till it looks good: magicgoggles.com/image/komodo/komodo.zip

The multitone is cool *the Lana Wachowski one is crazy! *but the single-color ones are maybe classier. Love that orange in the first round!
    Breonna Taylor's killers still haven't been charged.

http://www.magicgoggles.com : Red Epic Dragon #7703 "Ilsa"

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    You all are talking about paint, of all things. Paint! While the real gem was in Jarred's latest Instagram post:

rolling shutter offered no more [dynamic] range... so we dropped it.
    I like the multitone look. It adds a whole lot more possible color combinations. I wish I knew how to use Photoshop, I did all of mine in Davinci Resolve which has limitations.
    I would rather use Resolve for things like this. Although I know how to use GIMP etc pretty well. Unless you are referring to the very limited still image handling. I agree. Personally I'm not great with Resolve, although I did use it to fix someone's poorly developed Ektar negative. It was so easy, once you knew the basic tools and controls (I am pretty sure I used power windows). So, so straightforward.

If Blackmagic were to put in some still image features... well... just saying...
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | 1961 (blog)

New Idea, Printable bodies for graphic art design.

Last edited by rand thompson; 05-28-2020 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joshua csehak View Post
    Here's the psd if you want to mess around yourself. It's easy, you just select the layer and twiddle with the hue/saturation till it looks good: magicgoggles.com/image/komodo/komodo.zip

The multitone is cool –*the Lana Wachowski one is crazy! –*but the single-color ones are maybe classier. Love that orange in the first round!
    Thanks a lot Joshua, I will try that out!

Thats what im talking about. Sign me up for one of those.
    New Idea, Printable bodies for graphic art design.

Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/

Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    You all are talking about paint, of all things. Paint! While the real gem was in Jarred's latest Instagram post:

I would rather use Resolve for things like this. Although I know how to use GIMP etc pretty well. Unless you are referring to the very limited still image handling. I agree. Personally I'm not great with Resolve, although I did use it to fix someone's poorly developed Ektar negative. It was so easy, once you knew the basic tools and controls (I am pretty sure I used power windows). So, so straightforward.

If Blackmagic were to put in some still image features... well... just saying...
    Karim,

I remember Jarred saying to the effect a while back in this thread that he really didn't see any benefit in actually including it. You got no additional FPS benefits( going higher that 40 FPS in in 6K full frame) with Rolling Shutter mode activated. It was really just there to help match it to the rolling shutter of other Red cameras. So I think it's a surprise but not really a surprise.

I tried to get into Photoshop about 10 years ago. I know that if I don't get the impression after using a program for one day three at the most that I can possibly master it in time, I no longer use it. That's the way it was with Premiere Pro the workflow just didn't feel logical to my way of thinking. Davinci Resolve just does. So I use it for damn near everything I possibly can.