Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 545 of 580 FirstFirst ... 45445495535541542543544545546547548549555 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,450 of 5798
    Wow! After a very long time reading through almost six hundred pages with over 5400 posts, I finally found current posts. I wish I was back to the internet a couple weeks earlier, but this is definitely exciting time.

I quietly cursed each time someone joked about splitting up the thread and decided not to. In the end though, I'm glad you all kept it together. It felt like getting to watch this project unroll and develop. I gather I'm too late to enjoy such a stand out vibrant colored Komodo, but hopefully I got the e-mail right.

Is there a view type for desktop that is similar to the single page infinite scrolling type that H4Vuser has? That would've made the read a lot more streamlined--silly of me to ask after I read it all though.

I received the email from Jarred at 8:41pm and responded at 8:42pm and did not make the list. I was really hoping to compare and use the footage next to the helium on the soon to be released Rec 2100 projectors I have been working on before conventions start back up. There is a chance I can if I make the next cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Thornton View Post
    Actually, you may have an issue ... Jarred says the EXT breakout plate for Komodo will have ARRI rosettes now, not the GDU RED rosettes.
    I asked Jarred before I ordered...he said there will be a solution soon...seen here:
    Attached Images
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium

Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Greg, how are you going to use the Teradek Thumbwheel with Komodo? (Don't tell me it can plug directly in the ctrl port and work with EF lenses? Can it do that with DSMC1 and 2?)
    Will have to wait and see on Komodo...don't see why not though. Works great on my Helium and Monstro.
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Aluminum, You know we love Magnesium but it just doesn't conduct heat as well as Aluminum snd that little Komodo breathes fire.
    Are all of the colors we've seen so far powdercoated? Since its aluminum have there been thoughts of doing some anodized runs?

It might offer slightly better scratch resistance plus unique aesthetics to justify the cost. I'd love to have one in anodized gold for the bling factor, or emerald green to blend in better with foliage. (I know very few people actually get to choose their color though)
    Last edited by Michael Hopper; 06-09-2020 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blair Thornton View Post
    Actually, you may have an issue ... Jarred says the EXT breakout plate for Komodo will have ARRI rosettes now, not the GDU RED rosettes.
    If I recall correctly, in the stream, Jarred said if the rosettes are red in color, then they're Arri. Greg's handles have red colored rosettes where older versions of the handle didn't. Greg are your handles RED or Arri rosettes?

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Lochert View Post
    If I recall correctly, in the stream, Jarred said if the rosettes are red in color, then they're Arri. Greg's handles have red colored rosettes where older versions of the handle didn't. Greg are your handles RED or Arri rosettes?
    good catch Aaron...they are indeed Arri.
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    DC Chavez was making those adapters.

https://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...=1#post1824775
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg M View Post
    Hi Nik,
    A member here is 3D printing these. They work well, although not sure how well it will hold up over time. If you search he started a thread on how to order.
    I havent actually used it yet, but its a brilliant idea and fits perfectly. Since I took this photo, I swapped the thumb wheel with the other side and it orients the start/stop to the right so you can reach it with your index finger.
    That is so sick. Thanks guys!
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us:
    Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    DC Chavez was making those adapters.

https://www.reduser.net/forum/showth...=1#post1824775
    Absolutely Awesome adapter idea...
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    Hydrogen ONE

Don't know if its been mentioned here, can any one confirm or enlighten us about Komodo having any of the record choices that the DSMC 2's have. IE Time Lapse, interval recording or frame averaging or frame summing or single frame per button push or any of those type of functionality. Or is this maybe something that is coming in different builds or maybe just not enough space to get these little machines to take on those functions.
    Epic Forged Monstro (Camera 101)
    Epic X (Tribal)
    mindsetmedia@mac.com
    https://vimeo.com/user4448312
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/russfill/