Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 632 of 650 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642 ... LastLast
Results 6,311 to 6,320 of 6498
    Jedward - Extraordinary

By JedwardVEVO

Red Helium 8K/ Red Komodo

Quote Originally Posted by greg weisert View Post
    Any serious information about how the latency is when using the wifi for monitoring?
    I don't know the exact latency. I'm betting it varies by device, network, and range. However, I will say I was surprised how low it is, like my jaw was open because I thought it would be not great. I was happily wrong. And you can adjust the signal quality which I'm sure can play a role in data transmission.

Now what I'm even more curious about is RED Link and how much improved that can be. Hoping for as close to zero latency there as possible. I'm suspecting that can make a phone a very viable display and likely trickle charge it while in use. Hoping for at least 1080p via that connection, but if it did 4K that would be cool.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Carbyne Industries X StoutPGH

By
    Rialto Street Studios

Camera - RED Komodo
    Lenses - DZOFilm Pictor 20-55mm & 50-125mm

RED KOMODO 6K Footage + Movi Pro

By Joe Moore Productions

6K 17:9 R3D HQ 40fps (23.976fps project base)
    6K 2:4:1 R3D HQ 48fps
    4K 17:9 R3D HQ 60fps (ALL Slow Motion clips)
    250-800 ISO f1.5-5.6
    CANON CN-E PRIMES 24mm & 50mm
    Helios 58mm f/2 ANAMORPHIC
    Edited in Premiere Pro
    Colored in DaVinci Resolve

Video Previously posted with Behind the scenes video

A Short Video shooted by Red Komodo

By Vaxis

All In One Test | Red Komodo|Vaxis ATOM 500 SDI|Portkey BM5Monitor | Tilta Cage

By
    Vaxis

Gears:
    RedKomodo 6K,
    CanonR5,-(I believe this recorded this behind the scene video)
    Vaxis Atom500SDI(not released yet)
    Portkeys BM5 monitor for Komodo(not released yet)
    Sigma 20T1.5
    Tilta cage for Komodo
    Nanlite Pavotube 30C
    Yinchem Battery
    Feelworld F5 pro
    Last edited by rand thompson; 10-18-2020 at 09:58 PM.

Any serious information about how the latency is when using the wifi for monitoring?
    Thank you Phil!
    The background of my question is, if I have the Komodo with me in my pocket with a small lens, like a run and gun camera, the wireless transmission to my phone is enough to quickly shoot something.
    Seems to me that should be no problem, isn't it?

Thank you Phil!
    The background of my question is, if I have the Komodo with me in my pocket with a small lens, like a run and gun camera, the wireless transmission to my phone is enough to quickly shoot something.
    Seems to me that should be no problem, isn't it?
    The WiFi isn't "zero latency", so if you are used to rack focusing on say an SDI monitor it doesn't do exactly that. If you are perhaps using AF and doing a run and gun it works, but I suspect the wired RED Link is the way to go if you are operating from a smartphone. I haven't tested the RED Link yet, but I'm dying to.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies, 1X RED Komodo, and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    I don't know the exact latency. I'm betting it varies by device, network, and range. However, I will say I was surprised how low it is, like my jaw was open because I thought it would be not great. I was happily wrong. And you can adjust the signal quality which I'm sure can play a role in data transmission.

Now what I'm even more curious about is RED Link and how much improved that can be. Hoping for as close to zero latency there as possible. I'm suspecting that can make a phone a very viable display and likely trickle charge it while in use. Hoping for at least 1080p via that connection, but if it did 4K that would be cool.
    My Hydrogen is 1440p, and I would hope it sends a full 1440p signal, if not 2160p that the phone could itself rescale.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

I want to know what the Komodo Link does - just not sure yet. I wasn't sure if the iDevices support video data coming in over USB, they never used to so i hope that's changed because the idea of popping your phone at the end of a cable is really attractive and having it charged. Makes for a super lightweight monitoring solution.

I'm also wondering about being able to monitor with glasses - apple glass or whatever else is coming up. I've often wondered about the practicality of looking through a HUD - whether it would psychologically work in actual use.

Interesting times!

cheers
    Paul
    -------------------
    insta: @paul.inventome

I'm suspecting that can make a phone a very viable display and likely trickle charge it while in use.

Somewhere (???) unsure where in the many threads and articles - It sticks in my mind that the pogo pins that feed the Komodo Link don't pass power to the usb connection. If true, then no power to the phone; just a video feed and control through the app.

I'm hoping that I am wrong; because the idea of popping my phone on top and having it draw power during those guerrilla shoots really excites me. Can anyone with a link let us know? Though I guess I'll know by weeks end anyway.
    C.S.C. Associate Member
    If I don't own it I rent it...

It would be great if it could be charged while phone is receiving picture. But as I remember from when building a similar kind of device thats sadly not the case. Also, DJI and all the others that feed picture to IOX and Android are not able to charge. When flying drones... Its a bit sketchy when the screen goes dead, so I think if they could they would.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro