Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 536 of 582 FirstFirst ... 36436486526532533534535536537538539540546 ... LastLast
Results 5,351 to 5,360 of 5813
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Nick,

I was thinking of an Organic Sensor that also eliminated Rolling shutter, with a 8k sensor or higher and with much higher frame rates at full resolution (150 to 300fps). Now add 24 to 30 stops of Dynamic range, With even higher fidelity of colors. Lastly, a fully integrated body the current size or slightly larger than the DSMC 2 Cameras(Not Ranger Size), needing no separate modules.
    I just want something higher definition than real life.
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

Red Komodo 6k Unboxing and overview

From Reduser Member Curtis Boggs

There's a short clip from the Komodo of a skull on a stand at around the 12:30 minute mark and dog at the 12:51 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNvIfuMwHSQ

Thanks Curtis!
    Last edited by rand thompson; 06-06-2020 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    RED KOMODO Owners Livestream Event - Q&A - Discussion - and More!

By Scott Balkum

At 4:25:55 Jarred mentions using Voigtlander 0.95 lenses on Komodo. Aren't these MFT mount? What adapter allows running MFT on Komodo's RF mount?
    Jamison Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Jamison Stark View Post
    At 4:25:55 Jarred mentions using Voigtlander 0.95 lenses on Komodo. Aren't these MFT mount? What adapter allows running MFT on Komodo's RF mount?
    RF to M43 adapter is my guess

Yes, the 0.95 are for MFT mount cameras. Jason was talking about similarities in terms of Nodal Point with DSLR/Mirrorless cameras, specifically Panasonic's GH series cameras / Sony Mirrorless + Voigtländer lens a couple of minutes earlier. You probably slept in for a second or so....I know this video is extremely long, I can tell you I got square eyes and a headache after 6 hours of watching. ;)

You can't use MFT mount lenses on Komodo. Except you want to see the lenses image circle and like to be unable to focus to infinity. Go for M-Mount Voigtländers (VM) instead. Metabones has an adapter for this.

RED KOMODO 6K Unboxing

From Reduser Member Tim Daust

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EgnjXJh9ms

Rand,
    Thank you so much for posting ALL of your youtube/vimeo link suggestions! I appreciate that a lot.

*edit: hahah... when I saw Tim's pocket knife, I was hoping he had a first aid kit under the table.
    Last edited by Thomas B.; 06-06-2020 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas B. View Post
    You probably slept in for a second or so.... You can't use MFT mount lenses on Komodo.
    Maybe, but the transcript seems to say something different (emphasis mine)...

JARRED: And that Voigtlander .95 lens, I f*cking love that lens, and it's such a shitty lens, optically if you actually measured it but I mean I...

PHIL: This is my newest .95...

(Laughing)

PHIL: It's a little big.

JARRED: It's a monster, but I love that Voigtlander on the Komodo.
    Jamison Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas B. View Post
    Rand,
    Thank you so much for posting ALL of your youtube/vimeo link suggestions! I appreciate that a lot.

*edit: hahah... when I saw Tim's pocket knife, I was hoping he had a first aid kit under the table.
    Thomas,

I didn't do much of anything, but you're welcome! I just appreciate anything the current owners of the Komodo cameras can provide to further add to our knowledge about it.

I have a .95 Leica Noctilux and RF to Leica M adapter ready for testing...just need a Siqfüti Yellow Komodo :)
    www.digitalfx.tv

Twitter
    Instagram

RED One #83
    RED CF Monstro 8K VV
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium
    RED CF Weapon 8K S35 Helium