Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 429 of 538 FirstFirst ... 329379419425426427428429430431432433439479529 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,290 of 5373
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    The 50mm f/1.4 Milvus is an entirely new design, he's referring to the older ZF 50mm f/1.4 which is um..... Yeah. New design is pretty good.

The macro was/is pretty good though.
    Dig it, thought the Milvus was pretty good...

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    Dig it, thought the Milvus was pretty good...
    Check it next to an Otus, on a Helium. ;)...

Quote Originally Posted by Mestizo Devon View Post
    What do you find bad about the 50mm Milvus???
    I own set before Milvus. Planar 50mm f1.4 is not sharp fully open but at f2.8 is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post
    Looks like it might vignette at full frame 6K, but the general census is that we should be OK at 5.5 and below.
    You should have a look at this discussion http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...-Adapter-F-A-Q
    Phil is the man!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Hey Jacob you already all know the frame rates. 6k 40fps, 4k 60fps, 2k 120fps. Or are you asking about something else?
    Do we know the framerate at 5K? Getting 50 fps at 5K gives both PAL framerates and subsampling results down to 4K. It would also able HDRx at 24 and 25 fps, if that could be implemented.

As far as I understand, the hardware is locked down for the camera? How about an official spec list based on that, in order to calm down the ongoing speculations. Doesn't have to be a full list, but the basic specs. A pinned such list in the Komodo part of the forum would help those who miss spec related posts.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Looks like it might vignette at full frame 6K...
    That looks to be the case for sure, but the vignetting may possibly be very minimal. I previously posted this test in another thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eByw...83679292682090. It's shot with a Speedbooster on an EOS R in full frame HD with stabilization set to "Enabled," which gives a horizontal crop of around 1.15x. The video is cropped to 2.4:1 and exhibits just slight vignetting. I've messed around with the images from the test a bit and with the Komodo's ~1.3x crop, it should be fine for 2.4:1 6K, but may vignette ever so slightly for full sensor 6K.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Genova View Post
    That looks to be the case for sure, but the vignetting may possibly be very minimal. I previously posted this test in another thread: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eByw...83679292682090. It's shot with a Speedbooster on an EOS R in full frame HD with stabilization set to "Enabled," which gives a horizontal crop of around 1.15x. The video is cropped to 2.4:1 and exhibits just slight vignetting. I've messed around with the images from the test a bit and with the Komodo's ~1.3x crop, it should be fine for 2.4:1 6K, but may vignette ever so slightly for full sensor 6K.
    Incredible sir. If the lenses were a bit cleaner, clearer, and sharper would be identical to Signature Primes. Has some of their qualities visible.

Hello Jarred, what is the latest news from China (or from elsewhere…)… Can we expect a delivery for April?… Or not… We know that for the Komodo, everything will be different… and we hope that it is also valid for waiting times… I bet that the Komodo will arrive in Europe before the end of April…

Quote Originally Posted by Christophe Deshoux View Post
    Hello Jarred, what is the latest news from China (or from elsewhere…)… Can we expect a delivery for April?… Or not… We know that for the Komodo, everything will be different… and we hope that it is also valid for waiting times… I bet that the Komodo will arrive in Europe before the end of April…
    Definitely not April.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram