Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 439 of 525 FirstFirst ... 339389429435436437438439440441442443449489 ... LastLast
Results 4,381 to 4,390 of 5246
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    ...I am putting prototype Komodo in their hands for them to try and break...
    Exactly, you said so from the beginning!

...I spent an hour on that flight coming up with a " sorry it didn't work out " speech to tell Soderbergh.. luckily I didn't need to use it.

Our engineers are such rockstars.
    And it's exciting that we get to learn a bit of the back-story!!!

Would be interesting to have someone documenting all of "the making of a great little beast of a camera", to share after it's all done.
    Obviously with redactions wherever necessary, but it could be a great suspense thriller!

Hats off to you and the amazing RED Engineering Team and the kickass Manufacturing Team that are all bringing us one step closer to the release of the baby Dragon!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Thank you Jarred for your answers.
    Indeed, if these are productions in progress, we can understand that they are not yet shown and this is perhaps not what the interested parties expect before making their choice on the future.

It would be more efficient if Red made available raw images from the camera, rather than shots from various productions.
    The ideal would be to provide 3 examples: a sequence in low and high light, another with more or less violent movement (for the global shutter…).
    It would be great.

Some folks on this thread are starting to remind me of “if you give a mouse a cookie.”
    To me it seems like we are getting some unique and valuable insight into a truly different product that is solving real problems and yet for some, nothing seems to satisfy. Some people on here keep demanding more and more as if it was their right. How about “Thanks Jarred for involving the community” instead of “I need three different stills and footage from these studio projects right now for this project that isn’t even complete.”

I am not against asking for info, but how many companies do any of this? Usually it’s an impersonal press release and that’s it. This is part of what makes Red cool..the community feel. It’s not just the tech, it’s the culture. Let’s not ruin it by getting too entitled.

Can’t wait for the Komodo to go with my freshly finished sensor upgrade arriving back to me tomorrow!

Gonna be a good year for Red.

He directly recorded the 4k 12g stream.
    Our engineers are such rockstars.
    That's really unexpected. It's very, very interesting. If camera can put out 4k 12g, can it write internally other codec like ProRes 444 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Reed View Post
    Some folks on this thread are starting to remind me of “if you give a mouse a cookie.”
    To me it seems like we are getting some unique and valuable insight into a truly different product that is solving real problems and yet for some, nothing seems to satisfy. Some people on here keep demanding more and more as if it was their right. How about “Thanks Jarred for involving the community” instead of “I need three different stills and footage from these studio projects right now for this project that isn’t even complete.”

I am not against asking for info, but how many companies do any of this? Usually it’s an impersonal press release and that’s it. This is part of what makes Red cool..the community feel. It’s not just the tech, it’s the culture. Let’s not ruin it by getting too entitled.

Can’t wait for the Komodo to go with my freshly finished sensor upgrade arriving back to me tomorrow!

Gonna be a good year for Red.
    Nobdy is demanding anything. They were valid questions. Only Morons buy stuff without testing it or without viewing anything. Questions were polite and logical. Answers were polite and logical. That is what makes this group so special.

Will Komodo have any flavor of Prores?
    Scarlet-W 9706
    Alexa Mini

Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post
    Nobdy is demanding anything. They were valid questions. Only Morons buy stuff without testing it or without viewing anything.
    I think the point is, this camera is not for sale yet, and Red isn't asking anyone to buy it on trust without seeing images. Its is SUPER CLEAR that *IF* the Fire Chief felt comfortable AT THIS POINT to share footage or stills shot in a testing scenario (like "Leo" the lion, or "Leo"-nardo with a cigar... some guys remember those test shots), then he would. But he doesn't obviously. He has said that the color science is still being nailed down. My guess is that the first samples you'll see is when Komodo becomes available to buy. Asking vs asking with an overtone of entitlement is something that is easy to spot on these boards. And entitlement just wrecks the mood for everyone, especially the creator.
    Andy Roberts
    Nikon and Leica-R lenses (for sale)

And In true Soderbergh fashion, we only got it working the day of... what he needed for it to work didn't work when I boarded the plane and literally on my flight over from LA to NY to hand off the cameras the engineers threw down some serious magic.

I spent an hour on that flight coming up with a " sorry it didn't work out " speech to tell Soderbergh.. luckily I didn't need to use it.
    Side note, sorry to derail. But Jarred what do you do to manage stress ? Your position of always being in constant hell or high water, I imagine it is a lot of adrenaline and a lot of blood pumping through. More so than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
    I think the point is, this camera is not for sale yet, and Red isn't asking anyone to buy it on trust without seeing images. Its is SUPER CLEAR that *IF* the Fire Chief felt comfortable AT THIS POINT to share footage or stills shot in a testing scenario (like "Leo" the lion, or "Leo"-nardo with a cigar... some guys remember those test shots), then he would. But he doesn't obviously. He has said that the color science is still being nailed down. My guess is that the first samples you'll see is when Komodo becomes available to buy. Asking vs asking with an overtone of entitlement is something that is easy to spot on these boards. And entitlement just wrecks the mood for everyone, especially the creator.
    Thanks Andy! I wish I could have said it this well the first time! Thanks for the eloquence and the support! And yes, easy to spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Reed View Post
    Thanks Andy! I wish I could have said it this well the first time! Thanks for the eloquence and the support! And yes, easy to spot.
    Probably because, all the specs have not been released or finalized.

Usually a spec sheet or list and or a clip of footage would be the be all end all.

The end.