Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 572 of 636 FirstFirst ... 72472522562568569570571572573574575576582622 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 6352
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    ^ this is correct, but this is also the price for limited edition (so far) and Stormtrooper White bodies. Production Black cams will be a lower/different price.
    If it comes enhough down it will eat up that A7s3 market that needs to go a bit more professional.

Quote Originally Posted by Travis MacRitchie View Post
    I'm late to the party... can someone PM me clark's email? I want to see if I can still get on the list for a stormtrooper or two. Thanks!
    I'm in the same boat. I'm willing to pay the extra cost for the limited edition ST, but I keep getting told that I missed out. The list is closed. Hoping that there will be another opportunity soon.
    Epic-W #376 (stolen)

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Tresch View Post
    If it comes enhough down it will eat up that A7s3 market that needs to go a bit more professional.
    I see your point, but I do not agree. I mean, IF an A7SIII is the kind of camera one needs to do her/his work, a RED Komodo (or any RED) isn't probably the best for that work. You have to factor in the footage archival, the processing and on and on. Different tools for different jobs. That doesn't mean you can't use one instead of the other and vice versa, but that won't be a reasonable decision IMO.
    (it's like Linus Tech Tips, which I like don't get me wrong, or MKBHD who I really like as well, who shoot their tech reviews on RED Helium 8K... Yes it can be done, yes they absolutely do what they want, BUT it's not what this tool is made for IMO. Linus Tech Tips always shoots between 12:1 and 20:1 to save storage space !!!)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Do people think there’s any chance that there will be another pre order list? Production model or stormtrooper - once all the current stormtrooper email list has been completed of course. Just One for people that have been following along for a while now. I hope so, after seeing more footage I’m pretty sure I want to pick one up and don’t want to miss out.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    I see your point, but I do not agree. I mean, IF an A7SIII is the kind of camera one needs to do her/his work, a RED Komodo (or any RED) isn't probably the best for that work. You have to factor in the footage archival, the processing and on and on. Different tools for different jobs. That doesn't mean you can't use one instead of the other and vice versa, but that won't be a reasonable decision IMO.
    (it's like Linus Tech Tips, which I like don't get me wrong, or MKBHD who I really like as well, who shoot their tech reviews on RED Helium 8K... Yes it can be done, yes they absolutely do what they want, BUT it's not what this tool is made for IMO. Linus Tech Tips always shoots between 12:1 and 20:1 to save storage space !!!)
    Linus just ordered 6x BMD 12K cameras.
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    Linus just ordered 6x BMD 12K cameras.
    .... Really ? Damn !
    In way I do think it's not the most appropriate tools for what they do BUT if they can afford it (and they can) I also admire the fact that their willing to sort of go the extra-mile to produce their content.
    But still, for a solo shooter who does client work in the corporate and/or weddings side of things, it's not the most reasonnable tool. :p
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    .... Really ? Damn !
    In way I do think it's not the most appropriate tools for what they do BUT if they can afford it (and they can) I also admire the fact that their willing to sort of go the extra-mile to produce their content.
    But still, for a solo shooter who does client work in the corporate and/or weddings side of things, it's not the most reasonnable tool. :p
    Linus orders 6 12k cameras because his business model is getting people to watch his YouTube videos about the guy who does things like order 6 12k cameras.

He's the tech equivalent to a hot-rod car builder. Nothing wrong with that but its more spectacle than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Todd G. Peterson View Post
    I know everyone is chomping at the bit to get their Komodo. I opted to wait until I knew more about the camera and had a clearer sense of upcoming projects where it would be better than a DSMC2.

In the past week I picked up two run and gun projects in October and November outside the US. At this point, is there any chance that I could get a Komodo before the end of September?
    Unlikely, as I believe it was stated that the normal production Komodos (black version) won't be listed until Sept/Oct at the earliest, possibly later due to C19. You could probably cozy up to some of the people who have STs and offer to rent it from them (as a possible solution).
    Kookaburra Empire
    Motion Pictures and Video Production
    Official Site // Facebook // IMDB

RED 6K Weapon MG #0442 "Minerva"

"Are you real? If you can't tell, does it matter?"

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Williams View Post
    Unlikely, as I believe it was stated that the normal production Komodos (black version) won't be listed until Sept/Oct at the earliest, possibly later due to C19. You could probably cozy up to some of the people who have STs and offer to rent it from them (as a possible solution).
    That's what I feared. :/ Note sure if there will be anyone in Croatia that I can rent from. Meanwhile I'll have to stick with DSCM2 or Alexa Mini. I've done plenty of run and gun with those. If I get desperate, I can use a BM micro cam or even a GoPro
    Epic-W #376 (stolen)

I have a feeling we might see normal production models towards the end of August. Look how many stormtroopers they have been pumping out, all I see on IG is more people posting pictures of their komodo and Jarred personally handing people their cameras (pretty cool)
    It seemed like for awhile it was an orange one here a yellow one there not much going on then BOOM! You get a stormtrooper! you get a stormtrooper!
    I think the red team has picked up speed and we might get lucky. Of course this can all change if covid gets worse.