Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 610 of 636 FirstFirst ... 110510560600606607608609610611612613614620 ... LastLast
Results 6,091 to 6,100 of 6352
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ Fill View Post
    So Rand was this shot using Anamorphic glass or just regular CP3 Super 35s?
    I going to be working on a project in a week where they want to use my Monstro to match a Arri shooting ana but Im in a water housing that only fits still glass. 2:39:1 also. Any suggestions? I was thinking just shoot it at 8K on my Monstro with 2:39:1 frame guides and let them crop in post?

Im actually right now working on some b roll pickup shots for a project and Im shooting the full frame Monstro at 8K and then have the 2:31:1 frame guides up to give me the info where to frame.
    Doing this gives me supper wides from stills glass that could never be achieved using a smaller format or regular ana's
    Russ,

I believe it was shot with the sperical Zeiss Cp3 lenses and cropped for an anamorphic look.I tried to see if the poster of the video had an Instagram account where more info is given, unfortunately I haven't been able to find one.

So I have a fun question to share... If I currently have 2 Zeiss Milvus lenses (25mm & 50mm both F1.4) and I want to add a 3rd one so I only travel kit with 3 lenses when there is no particular gig to do.

Which would be the 3rd lens you would add?

A- Milvus 21mm
    B- Milvus 85mm
    C- Milvus 100mm Macro

Thanks for sharing your thoughts in advance... :)
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    RED Komodo

Quote Originally Posted by Alain M View Post
    So I have a fun question to share... If I currently have 2 Zeiss Milvus lenses (25mm & 50mm both F1.4) and I want to add a 3rd one so I only travel kit with 3 lenses when there is no particular gig to do.

A- Milvus 21mm
    B- Milvus 85mm
    C- Milvus 100mm Macro

I would get an Ultra Wide or a bigger telephoto like a 135.
    Sérgio Perez

Weapon Monstro #03294 "Amochai" in Macau

Video Director/Creative/Producer

http://vimeo.com/user1503556

https://www.youtube.com/user/spzprod..._as=subscriber

I would say the ultra wide.... unless you plan on also bringing a tripod to put that long lens on.
    1st AC | Movi Operator | Shotover & Freefly Pilot | RED Komodo ST #839 | Nikon Z6 Shooter | DZO Film 20-55

#crashingisntanoption

A- Milvus 21mm
    B- Milvus 85mm
    C- Milvus 100mm Macro

I’m a wide-angle junkie, but neither 25 nor 21 are that wide in s35, so I’d go long to have a good interview lens(my two most used int. lenses are 135 and 85). Of you could ignore your own list and go for something ultra-wide. But sticking to your list, I might dump the 25 and go 21, 50, 100 macro.

I might give a different answer if it were generic focal lengths, but you specifically mentioned the Milvus 85 1.4-- one of my favorite lenses! It just produces a fantastically beautiful image. But I also find I'm reaching for longer focal lengths on the gigs I've had in recent days, due to social distancing-- 50 is the new 35. So the 85 gets my vote.

My 3 lens set would be a 25, 35, and 85, but I'd bring both regular adapter and speedbooster.

The lens is a tough one .... I have a 15mm and 28mm Distagon, and a 50 mm Milvus plus a Canon 70-200 mm for my longer range stuff.

Really it is it is your shooting style. I prefer wide shots myself, but the intimacy that the longer focal length provides, can be quite beautiful.

PS I LOVE my 28mm.
    Last edited by Christian Jadot; 09-21-2020 at 02:28 PM. Reason: grammar & clarification
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

Do you know when the Komodo premiere will be in Europe?
    I am asking because I have not noticed such information anywhere. If it was, I am sorry
    Phil Glowskey - Producer of Music Video - Poland
    RED Camera User

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Glowskey View Post
    Do you know when the Komodo premiere will be in Europe?
    I am asking because I have not noticed such information anywhere. If it was, I am sorry
    As for now, it is not known.
    If everything keeps going as Jarred said, the process of going into production is in its starting phase and should be that way until end of september early october. I believe the production models will be at resellers and/or available on red.com in december or january. But I might be totally wrong. I advise you follow Jarred on Instagram or Facebook.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Loren on the Lake

By Scott Visuals

Filmed on the RED Komodo on the Lac Leman in Switzerland during the end of the summer 2020.

RED KOMODO 6K | Sample Footage & R3D vs. ProRes

By Gear Focus

0:00 Sample Footage
    1:08 Three Main Topics we'll discuss
    2:15 R3D Coloring
    3:45 Global Shutter
    4:20 Low Light Performance
    5:10 Calibrate Blacks in Camera
    6:23 R3D vs. ProRes
    8:45 The Awesome RED Community
    Last edited by rand thompson; 09-22-2020 at 12:48 PM.