Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 596 of 636 FirstFirst ... 96496546586592593594595596597598599600606 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 6359
    Being able to color match Komodo to DSMC2 with a simple tweak, KOMODO becomes a monster on low budget Sets with with DSMC2 as combo, for very little extra money...
    Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    RED Komodo

Alain,

For $6000 you get the Red Raw Codec, Global Shutter, 16bit color, dynamic range that's slightly less than or approximates that of the Red Helium in a small compact body. Next, you get low latency interoperability with the Red App for damn near all functionality of Komodo plus on-screen touch operation in the camera body. Like Jarred mentioned much earlier in the beginning of this thread, it's in a class by itself.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    Alain,

For $6000 you get the Red Raw Codec, Global Shutter, 16bit color, dynamic range that's slightly less than or approximates that of the Red Helium in a small compact body. Next, you get low latency interoperability with the Red App for damn near all functionality of Komodo plus on-screen touch operation in the camera body. Like Jarred mentioned much earlier in the beginning of this thread, it's in a class by itself.
    Just wish the discount models go into production soon. So eager to build up my new camera infrastructure.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Christoffer,

Hopefully that will be coming soon for you and all the other guys who qualify for it, making the Komodo an even better deal than it already is.

RED KOMODO + $300 lens

By Kacey Baker

"Until I can get my Komodo on set, I simply unwrapped it for the first time, stuck on a $300 Canon 50mm and shot this."

Hello,

I am interested to know if the red komodo will be netflix approved camera. Cheapest cameras like the s1h are netflix approved.

Quote Originally Posted by Yiorgos Doukanaris View Post
    Hello,

I am interested to know if the red komodo will be netflix approved camera. Cheapest cameras like the s1h are netflix approved.
    I bet it will. 6k is enough to make a good 4k master. If alexas LF is, so surely Komodo will be.

hey guys,

have any KOMODO owners tested with the Hollyland Mars 400s?

I just picked a Mars 400s up from B&H but won't be able to test it (obviously). Curious how the wifi signals will interact with each other.

My ideal monitoring setup for low budget shoots:

- KOMODO w/ SDI based monitor
    - Output wifi signal to iPads on set with Mars 400s

And then use my iPhone as backup monitor in case of failure. Presumably I won't be able to use the 400s wifi if that were to happen.
    portfolio: www.koromp.com

9. #5959 Crash Cam 
    Good to see that although there are most likely some Komodo already sitting on a shelf somewhere, there are some of the beta users already having hiccups and letting Komodo take a tumble. (Story starts at 5:55) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLBlRz7ZDlU

Michael,

You can watch all 3 parts in post #130 of the thread below.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...ndles-)/page13
    Last edited by rand thompson; 08-26-2020 at 02:14 PM.