Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 575 of 667 FirstFirst ... 75475525565571572573574575576577578579585625 ... LastLast
Results 5,741 to 5,750 of 6669
    Quote Originally Posted by Kemalettin Sert View Post
    wow ferro concepts slingster :)
    white looks so damn hot!
    Yes indeed haha. Speaking of “so damn hot” here is the cooling system on Komodo. Luckily it keeps everything quite cool.

Last edited by andrewhake; 08-01-2020 at 02:08 AM.

Half the camera is cooling! No wonder why something like the R5 over heats the way it does.
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Jadot View Post
    Half the camera is cooling! No wonder why something like the R5 over heats the way it does.
    I expected this cooling tunnel design months ago when the body design was first revealed. Electronics mounted to heat sinks on all four sides of the tunnel are still hermetically sealed off from the outside environment. No exposure to dust and moisture. Fans are the only vulnerable electronics.

The elegant sophistication of Komodo's engineering, mechanically, electronically, and visually with its imagery becomes more apparent every day.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewhake View Post
    Yes indeed haha. Speaking of “so damn hot” here is the cooling system on Komodo. Luckily it keeps everything quite cool.

Nice job Andrew. You showed something new with Komodo. Good to see the audio ins and outs are still there too.

Still havent seen any stunning footage. Tim Daust had a great drone and low light video, Phils one clip, and the two by Curtis Boggs.

Otherwise... ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivVOu8z-Q7M this looks good too, but why does Komodo always look "hazy?'

A7s may look video like but the image is remarkably clear. With Komodo every clip looks like it was shot through diffusion of some sort.

Here is some more poor footage. Including a steal of Phils images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67geLD-xzUc
    Last edited by Andrew Dease; 08-01-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    why does Komodo always look "hazy?'

A7s may look video like but the image is remarkably clear. With Komodo every clip looks like it was shot through diffusion of some sort.

Here is some more poor footage. Including a steal of Phils images.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67geLD-xzUc
    That last clip, the guy clearly has no idea how to grade the footage. I think it all comes down to grading.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Roberts View Post
    That last clip, the guy clearly has no idea how to grade the footage. I think it all comes down to grading.
    To be fair, it was his first time using the Komodo and it was done quickly.
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Jadot View Post
    To be fair, it was his first time using the Komodo and it was done quickly.
    I'm sure that's true. It just unfortunately gives everyone the wrong impression. Some nice stuff here from Bob Gundu

You guys missed this venice clip.

https://vimeo.com/442119405
    Documentary Cinematographer - NYC Based

Quote Originally Posted by Adam D. Ouellette View Post
    You guys missed this venice clip.

https://vimeo.com/442119405

Note sure if your being serious.

But I am asking why it is so hazy always. Like a plastic diffusion haze over sensor. It’s a real question. There have been few pieces of good footage I think you’re joking maybe with this Venice thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Note sure if your being serious.

But I am asking why it is so hazy always. Like a plastic diffusion haze over sensor. It’s a real question. There have been few pieces of good footage I think you’re joking maybe with this Venice thing.
    Did you read the notes on the video? Output tone map high, highlight rolloff very soft, no color correction. Hazy location. if you are trying to nail a characteristic look for the camera, this isn't one. That sort of is the point of a digital cinema camera. It isn't video. It is a blank creative palette.