Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 178 of 581 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188228278 ... LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,780 of 5803
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    With MIPI - the Komodo could be connected to a mobile device which could not only see and display the image from the Komodo sensor (processed by Komodo) - (the mobile device’s processor would see the video stream as if it was the stream from the mobile device’s camera) - it could live stream - it could record H265 clips and push them to the cloud - and the mobile device connected could “serve” the image to other mobile devices. #justsayin
    I do think Hydrogen mounted to the pogo interface will be able to encode, record, and livestream Komodo video. It just makes so much sense to take advantage of the phone for that. Offloading all that specialized processing to the phone eliminates the need for it in camera. The phones already do it for their internal cams anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    I do think Hydrogen mounted to the pogo interface will be able to encode, record, and livestream Komodo video. It just makes so much sense to take advantage of the phone for that. Offloading all that specialized processing to the phone eliminates the need for it in camera. The phones already do it for their internal cams anyway.
    Proxy in hydrogen and raw on cf cards would be awesome , since we can switch the micor sd cards.
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Just reposting this since it may have gotten lost in the fold:

Things are shaping up, and I'm excited to use my H1 Ti as a monitor, but I was curious/concerned about the "known issues" with the H1 Jannard refers to on H4Vuser and how that might affect marrying the camera and media machine together for monitoring?

From Jannard (https://h4vuser.net/t/update-july-23rd-2019/10043) :

"While Foxconn has been fantastic, our ODM, which was responsible for the mechanical packaging of our design including new technologies along with all software integration with the Qualcomm processor, has significantly under-performed. Getting our ODM in China to finish the committed features and fix known issues on the HYDROGEN One has proven to be beyond challenging. Impossible actually. This has been irritating me to death and flooding our reactor."

I'm also wondering how having Android Oreo (currently) with the H1 will also affect monitoring down the line? I've read that possibly the H1 will get Android Pie down the line, and I know RED and monitor manufacturers are diligent about updating firmware all the time to make sure things are running smoothly.

Yeah ... reality is you can do all kinds of cool stuff on an expensive FPGA ... or ... use a cheap FPGA to convert SDI to MIPI and then use a mobile processor - which costs WAY less - and has a shit ton of meaningful stuff already built in.
    Mark L. Pederson

Quote Originally Posted by Christoffer Glans View Post
    What's a bit worrisome about this is if BM or others drop another update to their cameras. BM's already listed BRAW at 8K, which should indicate what's coming. If there's a Pocket 8K full-frame, that's surely gonna be a big splash.
    The fact that Blackmagic is improving fast and is already working on a Pocket 8K makes it a guessing game as to when the 8K will be unveiled. By NAB? These days if we are able to quickly recover the investment within a few months then it is fine. Hoping the Komodo strikes a fine balance between features and price.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabyasachi Patra View Post
    The fact that Blackmagic is improving fast and is already working on a Pocket 8K makes it a guessing game as to when the 8K will be unveiled. By NAB? These days if we are able to quickly recover the investment within a few months then it is fine. Hoping the Komodo strikes a fine balance between features and price.
    Again : why would their 8K camera be in the "Pocket Line" ?
    Is there any announcement ?
    To me it would seem more logical that the 8K camera from BM comes in the URSA range of cameras.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    I don't see that happen. To me, their 8K camera will be in the URSA range.
    Yeah, probably, but then again, 6K isn't available in their URSA range yet. Of course, those cameras have a faster readout and other pixel pitch, but even so, both the URSA and the Pocket still out-perform a lot of cameras at a much lower price.
    Just imagine a full-frame 8K in a mini body with the added third party OLPF for perhaps around $8000 - $9000. And later a similar Pocket 8K for $3000 - $4000. Of course speculations, but I don't think it's impossible at all and I don't mean five-ten years from now.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Again : why would their 8K camera be in the "Pocket Line" ?
    Is there any announcement ?
    To me it would seem more logical that the 8K camera from BM comes in the URSA range of cameras.
    I agree... the Pocket line is based on essentially off the shelf Sony sensors, which is almost certainly a significant arena of savings for BMD which translates to their low price tags. I think you're right; an 8K camera from BMD will most likely debut in the Ursa Mini form factor rather than in the Pocket form factor, and it's more likely to be a successor to the 4.6K sensor.

That said, it's also not necessary; if 8K were a necessity, Komodo would be an 8K camera rather than 6K camera.

My expectation is that the Ursa Mini line will get an update and that update might be a 6K version of BMD's custom sensor, or an update to the 4.6K custom sensor that includes a (finally) working global shutter mode or higher frame rate support.

Since BMD has exceeded expectations before, it might be a combination... for example a 6K update for the UMP that can to 120fps in 4K.
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Rakesh Malik
    Director of Photography, Colorist
    http://WinterLight.studio
    http://www.imdb.me/rakeshmalik

I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I would highly doubt the Hydrogen specs could support any amount of processing power with the data that Komodo outputs...
    I have a feeling the phones will be strictly for monitoring.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I would highly doubt the Hydrogen specs could support any amount of processing power with the data that Komodo outputs...
    I have a feeling the phones will be strictly for monitoring.
    It won't be able to record R3D, but recording to the intern codec and live stream, why wouldn't that be possible? If the video can be transferred to the phone, why wouldn't it be possible to bypass the internal camera and record or live stream with the video stream from Komodo?
    It would certainly be an interesting upgrade to much of the vloggers and even news broadcasters around the world.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600