Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 383 of 581 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,830 of 5803
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    of course...

Is that the bottom of the camera or are we looking at a little module for the bottom? The perspective is messing with me I think lol.
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us:
    Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Parkin View Post
    Does anyone know which Hydrogen phones will be eligible for the discount? I've seen talk of cut off dates from Jarred but nothing concrete. Seems buying a second hand one for a few hundred dollars to save $1000 is a no brainer, and you get the phone!
    Check out the Hydrogen thread.

http://www.reduser.net/forum/showthr...rogen-Question

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

3.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nik Harper View Post
    Is that the bottom of the camera or are we looking at a little module for the bottom? The perspective is messing with me I think lol.
    ha ha yeah it's weird I actually took that photo hanging upside down.

Anyways, its an active baseplate. Put it on if you need it, take it off if you don't. Hooks up to the EXT port.

Anyways, its an active baseplate. Put it on if you need it, take it off if you don't. Hooks up to the EXT port.

Sweet :)
    Was about to point out that the ports don't match those of the schematics, so it's gotta be an expansion of sorts.
    Sounds like you've got a lot of functionality built-in with possibilities for expansion!
    Liking this even more every minute!!!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Lol. Awesome! That's a separate purchase, yeah?
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us:
    Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo

Yeah - I played around with a model I made from the sketch you published and active baseplates are clearly the best way to add I/O and keep the form factor lean and mean - especially given that the height from lens center to the bottom of the camera is ... extremely short.

One can even make "TB-50 Sandwich" baseplate - as that form factor of that battery works very interestingly under the camera :)
    Mark L. Pederson

Awesome thanks for creating the ability to have a control port!

Next dream request- A Red focus system similar to rt motion latitude sidekick, but build it all into a baseplate? Complete with wireless thumb wheels and zoomrocker? Ability to plug in ultra light weight motors or control via autofocus motors in ef and rf lenses?

Daniel Kelly Brown
    www.danielkellybrown.com

Good. But is it too much to ask if you guys could accommodate an internal receptacle at the bottom of the camera and a male raised connector on the module? If you could do this, it would eliminate cable runs to the camera making it truly a streamlined piece of engineering.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    Good. But is it too much to ask if you guys could accommodate an internal receptacle at the bottom of the camera and a male raised connector on the module? If you could do this, it would eliminate cable runs to the camera making it truly a streamlined piece of engineering.
    They've released technical drawings already, unfortunately too late at this point to make major changes like that.

10.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Abeynayake View Post
    Too much to ask. Zero room left for anything internal like that. Majority of time for most users this camera will be used without any of this... so not worth growing the entire body for.