Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 308 of 452 FirstFirst ... 208258298304305306307308309310311312318358408 ... LastLast
Results 3,071 to 3,080 of 4512
    Quote Originally Posted by Karel Šimůnek View Post
    Wireless monitoring and changing ISO, WB etc via some app on your phone would be amazing!
    if you go over this thread you will see that has been covered the answer is YES, but no to wireless monitor/control via smart phone. i don't know if any thing has changed since but that was has been said on the past

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin.Benjamin View Post
    if you go over this thread you will see that has been covered the answer is YES, but no to wireless monitor/control via smart phone. i don't know if any thing has changed since but that was has been said on the past
    Foolcontrol??? Since dsmc1
    Weapon CF Monstro #1119, Weapon Helium, Epic-X #7926 BAM, Raven #220

Wireless control definitely!
    There's even a dedicated ANTENNA on the top left side.
    To me, FoolControl and PhilmColor are the two absolute MUST HAVEs for the RED Cameras !
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Do we know if Komodo will still have a CTRL port, in order to use an RT motion follow focus to pull focus on Still lenses ? I use this all the time on DSMC2 and would be very sad if that wasn't an option on Komodo...

I saw a post that said the Komodo will not have dual iso but it was not from Jarred. Wondering if this is true?

Quote Originally Posted by Nils Ruinet View Post
    Do we know if Komodo will still have a CTRL port, in order to use an RT motion follow focus to pull focus on Still lenses ? I use this all the time on DSMC2 and would be very sad if that wasn't an option on Komodo...
    There is an AUX port on the camera, but we don't know what functions it supports yet.

How important is KOMODO to RED ? *

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

* I think it's great (as always) folks dig in deep on the detail of various features, but sometime also good to look at things from the 50,000 ft view too (perhaps ?),

- just wanted to pose that as a more general question.

( Casually reading the room a little, seems there is a lot of care going into KOMODO. (beyond the 'We take care with all our products … blah blah blah" / standard spiel - etc. ).
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    How important is KOMODO to RED ? *

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________

* I think it's great (as always) folks dig in deep on the detail of various features, but sometime also good to look at things from the 50,000 ft view too (perhaps ?),

- just wanted to pose that as a more general question.

( Casually reading the room a little, seems there is a lot of care going into KOMODO. (beyond the 'We take care with all our products … blah blah blah" / standard spiel - etc. ).
    ?????

Quote Originally Posted by David Dominguez View Post
    ?????
    He he he / lol

Back in the day, there used to be a sort of vision statement and what a particular product really means and what it means to it's creators and why they are excited about that and what that will mean to the larger community of creative and technical folks working in different slices of various industries.

I don't want to fill in the "Blanks" too much on this as I'm interested in what other people have to say.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Somewhere way back in this thread Jarred said that Komodo was designed primarily as a small drone/gimbal/crash companion camera for the DSMC models and he would consider it a success even if it was only purchased by current Red owners.
    The adaptation for smart phone support was added late for the Hydrogen project which kind of broadened it's program scope.
    But I think we can all see it will have broad appeal far beyond that initial stated design purpose. There are so many great new features on this little jewel even if it is compromised in some ways compared to its more expensive brethren