Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 312 of 453 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412 ... LastLast
Results 3,111 to 3,120 of 4530
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Lange View Post
    Maybe ? Yeah...

https://www.instagram.com/p/B6MkDF3hdtc/

This shot ^^^ and the comments from that sequence/still ~ squinting at the screen I can't tell what the source is ?

On the other hand 64 cores would be handy for multiple cameras in parallel ?

----> This is where design intent vs. what people want to "Do" with a systems/ camera / device can diverge … Hard to know what's in the mix with KOMODO ?

On the one hand KOMODO has to be paired down with a razor, but on the other hand has capabilities that none of the other cameras have... So how Jarred has delimited the scope on that I can't really guess + it's legacy. ?
    Um, no. The metadata window clearly shows that the clip in the viewer has a horizontal resolution of 8192, and the big news about the 64-core Threadripper is that it can handle 8K R3D. Indeed, it would be kinda silly to mess up that message by saying "And to prove how great our performance is, let me show you how well it does with only half those pixels!"
    Michael Tiemann, Chapel Hill NC

"Dream so big you can share!"

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tiemann View Post
    Um, no. The metadata window clearly shows that the clip in the viewer has a horizontal resolution of 8192, and the big news about the 64-core Threadripper is that it can handle 8K R3D. Indeed, it would be kinda silly to mess up that message by saying "And to prove how great our performance is, let me show you how well it does with only half those pixels!"
    Ok excellent !

Thanks for that (appreciate it) [Just wanted to be 100% sure.].

I'll just scrumple up into a little ball the hope I had for that image and throw it over my shoulder
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by RJ_Ortiz View Post
    I feel like they'll wait until the very end to make a statement on this. Even if they gave you a number now, that could/would change. As they finalize hardware and continue optimizing software for it, I'm sure they'll see performance improvements. If it's quicker than the DSMC2 line, I'll be ecstatic.
    Absolutely, was just curious if they were planning to make it a priority to boot faster than the DSMC2 cameras. I concur, it'd be great if it fired up nice and quick!
    - Jamie
    Gemini Owner // Photographer // Director
    @JWalter1337 // @PamolaCreative

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin.Benjamin View Post
    I think its actually the SmallHD Cine7
    Does it matter tho? Wouldn't this $300 SDI one work also?

Would LOVE if this guy chimed in a bit more on his thoughts... on K-Cam... oddly silent... ?

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4oMlW_BZvS/

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    Would LOVE if this guy chimed in a bit more on his thoughts... on K-Cam... oddly silent... ?

Phil's awesome and somehow always manages to tread the perfect line...

The choice of lenses seem really interesting that phot-ies show.

I'm not 100% jiggy with Thalia versus other Leica/ Leitz /(wetzlar) offerings ? Steven Soderbergh shot of Komodo seemed interesting but couldn't identify lens (precisely) to match to image circle etc.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _______________________

A 25 year long equipment list / toy box of stuff that's waaaaaaay too long and too bizarre and obscure to mention (even here).

~ But the HYDROGENS I have kicking about the place could be "Handy" for a bit of reduced price KOMODO "Action" ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Dease View Post
    I'm at CES all week and was filming most of December. So not so oddly silent, but I'm having coffee before the storm on day 2 here in Vegas.

I'm answering a few questions here and there about Komodo, even at CES.

From the core filmmakers who own RED's other DSMC2 cameras I think it's pretty clear where Komodo fits in and compliments their cameras by doing certain things the bigger bodies can't and at the same time Komodo doesn't do things the larger bodies can do. But interestingly I do think Komodo will be many people's first RED camera. RED has never made a camera in this price point nor have they every built one that's so ready to shoot.

If you're curious how I'm going to use Komodo, well I'll show you shortly, but I'm going to focus on it's strengths.

- It's silly small
    - Global Shutter
    - Fairly easy to rig in unique ways
    - There's opportunities to use a bunch of them together for interesting results, though I don't know if my first shoot will show much of that potential.
    - I have one insane idea that I'll do after launch, because it might break the camera, but it would be fun.

I've been calling it a few things. Block Utility Camera comes up a lot. That is more or less how it hits my imagination.

There is stuff I've been doing leading up to Komodo, I have a box dedicated to Komodo goodies already back at the hut.

I think one thing you really can expect from me is doing fun stuff with that RF mount. I like how small you can make Komodo, heck my Monstro package on my last gig was all in one larger shoulder bag with 4 lenses, 4X V-Mount Batteries, w/ compact 2-bay chargers, matte box, follow focus (single rod via my rodClaw), ND filters, and 4X mags. Komodo literally can make this kit about the 1/5 of the weight and size from my perspective. Maybe less than that.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Awesome !

CES must be overwhelming...

Block Utility Camera …

"Block 1". BUC

AND multiple cameras - excellent.

THANKS SO MUCH ! @PH. (coffee break update )

"Komodo literally can make this kit about the 1/5 of the weight and size from my perspective. Maybe less than that"

Great, I was worried you were not impressed with it. Gonna have to reserve my PHFX Komodo Talon- Rod Claw.

I think one thing you really can expect from me is doing fun stuff with that RF mount.

In conjunction with RF lenses? I thought the AF will need at least a couple of firmware upgrades to get to the point we want to have it...
    As for me, at least at the beginning until AF works properly I'll use my Zeiss Otus EF mount lenses with the V-ND filter...