Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 451 FirstFirst ... 279329369375376377378379380381382383389429 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,790 of 4502
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Boyer View Post
    approximate weights
    Not Jarred, but I've done some fun homework regarding Komodo. Actually a lot since summer of last year.

Glass is going to be the X-Factor in many rigs, but with a single battery and a lightweight prime and specifically that SmallHD 5" display you can have Komodo in a shooting configuration in....

Drumroll.......

Less than 4.5lbs. In fact I think with even a smaller battery you can likely get it "just" under 4lbs and still have a very reasonable camera uptime.

I think many of us will have different setups than these however. Like most humans will stick a baseplate on the camera and it will live there always. Handles will likely be something you have on or take off occasionally. That display isn't the lightest weight display either and some might opt for a heavier/larger screen. Some might not.

Getting into heavier cine-style glass like that Sigma and adding a decent adapter into the mix you are looking at 7-8lbs.

I would suspect for many you'll be looking at rigs between 6-12lbs depending on AKS attached to your cubic lizard camera.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Not Jarred, but I've done some fun homework regarding Komodo. Actually a lot since summer of last year.

Glass is going to be the X-Factor in many rigs, but with a single battery and a lightweight prime and specifically that SmallHD 5" display you can have Komodo in a shooting configuration in....

Drumroll.......

Less than 4.5lbs. In fact I think with even a smaller battery you can likely get it "just" under 4lbs and still have a very reasonable camera uptime.

I think many of us will have different setups than these however. Like most humans will stick a baseplate on the camera and it will live there always. Handles will likely be something you have on or take off occasionally. That display isn't the lightest weight display either and some might opt for a heavier/larger screen. Some might not.

Getting into heavier cine-style glass like that Sigma and adding a decent adapter into the mix you are looking at 7-8lbs.

I would suspect for many you'll be looking at rigs between 6-12lbs depending on AKS attached to your cubic lizard camera.
    What about:

1.) Using the top screen as a monitor.

2.) Using the HYDROGEN.

Not Jarred, but I've done some fun homework regarding Komodo.
    Not Jarred but always welcome and appreciated. Thanks, Phil.
    Cutting out soft shadows in Photoshop tutorial
    YouTube | Vimeo

www.harbonder.com

Strand on Soundcloud

How is the fan noise Phil?
    In par with Weapon or less?

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    That display isn't the lightest weight display either and some might opt for a heavier/larger screen. .
    Well just to throw a wrench into both of your calculations, This last week I've been playing with the Kessler Recon RC car and testing out to see what the smallest gimbal I could make work. The lens is the heaviest part.. but that top bolt on monitor just throws things off in a non-linear way when you are talking about balance with fast movements.

So I had the engineers turn on the in-camera top display preview.

Power the camera from the rig ( no batteries ) . no bolt on monitor, and a small pancake lens and it's pretty insane what starts to open up on a gimbal.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Well just to throw a wrench into both of your calculations, This last week I've been playing with the Kessler Recon RC car and testing out to see what the smallest gimbal I could make work. The lens is the heaviest part.. but that top bolt on monitor just throws things off in a non-linear way when you are talking about balance with fast movements.

Power the camera from the rig ( no batteries ) . no bolt on monitor, and a small pancake lens and it's pretty insane what starts to open up on a gimbal.

Nice, trick shot!

I love all the BTS test shots from Jarred Land. I've never been so pumped about a product launch !

I'm liking that RGB exposure visualisation on the bottom-left of the screen.

DOES ANYONE NOTICE 5000 ISO????????
    Dragon-X 6k

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Montalto View Post
    DOES ANYONE NOTICE 5000 ISO????????
    That's what I noticed too!
    Jarred, thanks for this little teaser! :)

I'm thinking of using 2x the smallest batteries, built in monitor and the Metabones Leica M to RF adapter paired with an apoqualia-g 28mm... Can't get lighter and better balanced than that!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser