Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 381 of 452 FirstFirst ... 281331371377378379380381382383384385391431 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,810 of 4512
    RGB is interesting and new meter. Wondering if the days of the goal posts are gone or if we can find that tool on a different page?
    Red Raven #001827
    Hydrogen One Houdini #0058
    Canon 5DMKiii
    Canon EOS R
    Rokinon Cine DS Primes
    Digital Sputniks with Pixel Mapping, Hives, Quasars, Litepanels Gemini, Arri 750s
    Dji Ronin, Cloud Mount, Motion Control, Dana Dolly
    https://www.instagram.com/galacticowboy/
    https://www.twitch.tv/galacticowboy

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Groves 1 View Post
    RGB is interesting and new meter. Wondering if the days of the goal posts are gone or if we can find that tool on a different page?
    Something new I came up with because Matt's new UI has vertical blocks instead of horizontal like the old.

Still feeling it out but I think it is pretty intuitive. Over/Under per R,G,B

If you love it you can thank me later. If you hate it , then it's all Matt's fault ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Something new I came up with because Matt's new UI has vertical blocks instead of horizontal like the old.

If you love it you can thank me later. If you hate it , then it's all Matt's fault ;)
    I like it. But it may be useful to know where most of the light is falling. Perhaps the vertical bars can be wider where there are more pixels at that particular exposure - a bit like a vertical RGB histogram.

Interesting. Can the "A Cam" area have the histogram?

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Also loving the big red record button that doubles as camera ID, but for those of us who shoot single camera mostly, would be nice to customise what is displayed - eg record time.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gundu View Post
    Interesting. Can the "A Cam" area have the histogram?
    Thats the touch record button :)

There still is plenty of opportunity to have "normal" histograms on your external/bolt on monitor. The vertical exposure bar here is more like an extended goal post/traffic lights quick reference.

Well just to throw a wrench into both of your calculations, This last week I've been playing with the Kessler Recon RC car and testing out to see what the smallest gimbal I could make work. The lens is the heaviest part.. but that top bolt on monitor just throws things off in a non-linear way when you are talking about balance with fast movements.

So I had the engineers turn on the in-camera top display preview.

Power the camera from the rig ( no batteries ) . no bolt on monitor, and a small pancake lens and it's pretty insane what starts to open up on a gimbal.
    Heh. Well he asked about the setups in those pictures.

But you're not throwing a wrench in a bad way. I love what's going on with the tiny top screen.

Firmware tip/ask. When GIOSCOPE is enabled please by default have all colors set to on. In current DSMC2 firmware it defaults to black and white and thankfully remembers what values you toggle on and off.

Love the fat finger friendly camera labelled record button. Nice helper right there.

Don't know the status of Global Shutter being always on or toggle-able. If so, it might be handy to have "G" or "R" next to the word Shutter on the Shutter Angle/Shutter Speed.

Magnify needs some love and I suspect Komodo can support this. I think in settings or via multi taps we should have 50% and 100% punch in and it would be slick to be able to move the box for sure while punched in. Sometimes people don't need to be 1:1 pixel to lock critical focus. This also helps with smaller screens and just general focusing stuff.

The new meters are interesting and I think clever from what little I can tell from the screen shot.

I like the revised button size for general settings.

Everybody is all jazzed about the ISO 5000, but I am much more interesting in what's going on with the screen on the right hand side :)

If possible and not to give you much more work, please integrate a goto mark with the AF motors. I don't know how precise the new RF stuff is, but the motors are more advanced. I'd love to have the ability to press mark A and go to mark A, then to be or whatever. Likely up to 4 key frames. And if possible some sort of setting to control rack time and easing.

Actually easing has been on my mind a lot lately with current AF designs being a fair bit aggressive.

I don't personally have the ability to manufacture and support an LCD display, but whoever can make a fold down flush articulated screen that also protects the camera topside would be welcome. Similar to the DSMC2 screens except folding down to the form factor of Komodo's width and length. Still a tiny screen, but articulation is key for run and gun filming. Hoping for at least 720p or 1080p out of that if possible at that size.

Don't know the price of the camera yet, but the Hydrogen discount is $1000 off of whatever that price turns out to be.
    That's actually insanely good.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

Will GDU be offering AKS for Stormtrooper in white and gold?
    Last edited by Colton John McLaughlin; 02-09-2020 at 01:58 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    If possible and not to give you much more work, please integrate a goto mark with the AF motors. I don't know how precise the new RF stuff is, but the motors are more advanced. I'd love to have the ability to press mark A and go to mark A, then to be or whatever. Likely up to 4 key frames. And if possible some sort of setting to control rack time and easing.
    On that photo I just posted you can see a little slice of my phone in the corner and on that phone is displaying a full page of pretty incredible PDAF feedback as those focus pixels are now alive and well. It is pretty mesmerizing watching the raw data come in from what they are capturing and the mind starts to wander thinking about all the possibilities with what we can do with that... What you ask we actually already have coded and in DMSC2, it is just the contrast AF in DSMC2 sucked so bad that it never really works that well. PDAF will make that code so much more useful.

But as I said before, It's going to take a while before we do a real deep dive into phase detect autofocus, too many other more important things to dig into right now. When I put up my hands and yell "AF AF AF!" , Uday is quick to slap me and remind me that we have only spent about 1 engineering man year of development with PDAF so far and Canon has about 2000 man years combined. So quite honestly... we have some catching up to do. I'd bet money that we wont have PDAF at launch .

Thats the touch record button :)

There still is plenty of opportunity to have "normal" histograms on your external/bolt on monitor. The vertical exposure bar here is more like an extended goal post/traffic lights quick reference.
    Ah right on. So curious how advanced the internal boards are? Also, weather protection on previous RED cameras have been pretty amazing. I have myself used my cameras in the desert and blistering winters. We've already seen Matt using the Komodo in the snow. How was the testing in hot climate?

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram