Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 382 of 451 FirstFirst ... 282332372378379380381382383384385386392432 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,820 of 4507
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    The vertical exposure bar here is more like an extended goal post/traffic lights quick reference.
    Really dig that concept, presuming it's based off raw data and not influenced by metadata influenced (like the stop lights and goal posts). Any chance we'll see it in DSMC1/2 (if it works as it seems, it could quickly becoming the standard)?

Don't know the price of the camera yet, but the Hydrogen discount is $1000 off of whatever the price turns out to be.
    Very generous. Thank you!

Solar System Studio / Havana, Cuba

Don't know the price of the camera yet, but the Hydrogen discount is $1000 off of whatever that price turns out to be.

The global supply chain issues wont change the amount of the Hydrogen discount, it just will likely affect the price of the limited run of pre-launch StormTroopers. As we sit, (and don't quote me or I will ban you :) best case is the stormtrooper costs $900 more, worst case they cost $1400 more if our vendor needs to pull out and move and that would hopefully just add a week to the very fragile 12 week stormtrooper target.
    First of all THANK YOU!!

That is a very generous discount, and very glad that while I did sold my H1 Gate housing, I did not sold the H1s :)

On the Stormtrooper cost I actually am surprised, as I tough it would have been at list double that!

So if I do need one or two (if allowed to buy more then one per person) at the time they become available, I will buy in...

But if it is just to have a Stormtrooper without an immediate need of use, then I would wait for the regular run and get my H1s discount in, which would make it also couple of ks cheaper ;)

Re: stormtrooper; we are paying for the slick lick of white paint, as well as bragging rights - first dibs? Right?

Does anyone know if stormtrooper camera bodies have been sold second-hand years later for higher than normal prices?

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Marcus Rosen View Post
    Re: stormtrooper; we are paying for the slick lick of white paint, as well as bragging rights - first dibs? Right?
    That and the fact that as Jarred pointed out making a more limited number of camera run costs more money.

Does anyone know if stormtrooper camera bodies have been sold second-hand years later for higher than normal prices?
    Yes I have, but that has also depended on demand, so you just can not count on been able to sale it for more money, especially when the regular run is released shortly after.

But it is possible yes.

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post
    Really dig that concept, presuming it's based off raw data and not influenced by metadata influenced (like the stop lights and goal posts). Any chance we'll see it in DSMC1/2 (if it works as it seems, it could quickly becoming the standard)?

Both.. you get RGB ( bars ) and RAW ( stop lights ) . but you also get an additional set of stop lights on the bottom so you can see both under and over clip in the raw. The bars give you RGB.

First-Production samples of anything almost always cost more... no matter what you are making. There is usually lots of machined and post-machined tooled parts before the tooling gets tweaked, expedited runs of small run boards etc. The paint is the least of the added expense.

7.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sefton View Post
    Is there going to be the capability to genlock and sync the Komodo??
    of course...

Well just to throw a wrench into both of your calculations, This last week I've been playing with the Kessler Recon RC car and testing out to see what the smallest gimbal I could make work. The lens is the heaviest part.. but that top bolt on monitor just throws things off in a non-linear way when you are talking about balance with fast movements.

So I had the engineers turn on the in-camera top display preview.

Power the camera from the rig ( no batteries ) . no bolt on monitor, and a small pancake lens and it's pretty insane what starts to open up on a gimbal.

Loving the Hydrogen discount and loving the preview of the screen and more UI. The under/over meter actually looks like something I'll like better even though I'm used to the traffic lights/goalposts.
    Nik Harper

Scarlet-X #221

WWW.LAMARPLUSNIK.COM

Follow us:
    Twitter / Instagram / Facebook / Vimeo

First-Production samples of anything almost always cost more... no matter what you are making. There is usually lots of machined and post-machined tooled parts before the tooling gets tweaked, expedited runs of small run boards etc. The paint is the least of the added expense.
    Good to know, thanks for your response. Because white will reflect a whole lot easier than black, (edit: meaning show up easier/be more noticeable in a reflection) I think I'll pass on stormtrooper, despite wanting those bragging rights. The next few months can't come soon enough!

Does anyone know which Hydrogen phones will be eligible for the discount? I've seen talk of cut off dates from Jarred but nothing concrete. Seems buying a second hand one for a few hundred dollars to save $1000 is a no brainer, and you get the phone!