Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 453 FirstFirst ... 289339379385386387388389390391392393399439 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,890 of 4530
    Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Yeah but what about a Mamiya style EVF ?
    As stylish as it looks, I would find this design limiting - unless RED makes it tiltable like the Fuji GFX EVF with that way overpriced little adapter.
    Maik Mueller || http://www.maikmueller.art
    RED Scarlet-X/DRAGON #1388
    Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 & 55/1.4 & 85/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Monochrome Komodo definitely on the radar, but not till we get past the first swell of orders and get caught up a bit.
    Very happy to hear that. :)
    Maik Mueller || http://www.maikmueller.art
    RED Scarlet-X/DRAGON #1388
    Zeiss Otus 28/1.4 & 55/1.4 & 85/1.4

Quote Originally Posted by Maik Müller View Post
    As stylish as it looks, I would find this design limiting - unless RED makes it tiltable like the Fuji GFX EVF with that way overpriced little adapter.
    Yeah, it should be tiltable. Even with the physical buttons.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

To be clear, I'm not saying you have to spend $10K. Just trying to provide a reality check for people who see Komodo as a 6K for $6K camera ready to shoot.

Cheers - #19

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    Yeah, it should be tiltable. Even with the physical buttons.
    I think you missed the point of this camera, compact and remote operated. Adding a tilt screen makes it way more complicate [and more expensive] but I get the request... RED builds for a very specific use and many just wanting a RED camera use it for their everyday A cam.

Unlike when we all started, there is a LOT of competition out there now. The higher the price point gets to 10K the stiffer the competition gets.

Sony FS7
    Canon 300
    Panasonic EVA1

You get the idea. What IS missing is a Sub $5,000 cine camera. We'll see.. RED has been doing this a while now.. I'm sure they know where to place this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay A. Kelley View Post
    Unlike when we all started, there is a LOT of competition out there now. The higher the price point gets to 10K the stiffer the competition gets.

Sony FS7
    Canon 300
    Panasonic EVA1

You get the idea. What IS missing is a Sub $5,000 cine camera. We'll see.. RED has been doing this a while now.. I'm sure they know where to place this.
    I feel its its own category with it comes to competent Gimbal/Drone cam with global shutter.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

Only thing I'm missing from my wishlist build right now is a "booster seat" or whatever gets me into 15mm LWS. Whatever goes under that breakout adapter plate that got teased. Although i guess we still haven't seen the other side of that thing, maybe it's one and the same.

I understand that PDAF is the way to go, for an ultra compact footprint and mobility, but in my previous experience part of a really tight mobile build is wireless, and motors. Ultimately its about making focus someone else's problem. Plus internal AF doesn't fly on cinema lenses anyway.

Phil? Played around with rails yet?
    Scarlet #03293
    Hydrogen Ti #1495

Quote Originally Posted by Jay A. Kelley View Post

Sony FS7
    Canon 300
    Panasonic EVA1

I know they're marketed as "cinema" cameras and maybe it's just me or maybe it has to do with the fact that I'm used to seeing a RED image in a ton of mainstream movies and shows, but I've never really felt that the offerings from Sony, Canon, or Panasonic in that price range produce a particularly cinematic image or considered them as true competition for RED. I may be wrong, but I'd assume there isn't much overlap in the markets for cameras that record 4K MPEG-4 and those that shoot 6K RAW with global shutter.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Daust View Post
    128GB is likely not going to be very much record time :)
    Hence my next paragraph ;)