Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 452 FirstFirst ... 293343383389390391392393394395396397403443 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,930 of 4513
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post

Always a gamble doing this stuff. I don't mind a fine blade, lasers, and few days of torture to keep doing what I love to do.
    This is exactly what scare the crap out of me... Coming from a man that is afraid of nothing... But my eyes, shit, half blind its better then blind... But I will eventually need to man up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    You are so right on this one Jarred, and I am trying to man up and go get the surgery, well likely multiple ones to take care of the sever Astigmatism and a chronic Cataract :(
    If you have a cataract, lens replacement is less traumatic and heals faster than lasik. My right eye is now fully corrected to 20/20 with no astigmatism. Vision was like new the day after surgery.

They didn’t offer the zoom lens option I asked for. For the left eye I’m requesting the Eye of Sauron option.

Phil
    What process did you go for?
    been looking to do this myself and there seems to be 3-4 different ones

Ironically the same day I had lasik touch-up surgery ….,
    blind as a moth in an empty Vaseline jar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    So many DP's this year I know getting eye surgery. It's gotta be so much more stressful when your career depends so deeply on it. ….
    ….Always a gamble doing this stuff. I don't mind a fine blade, lasers, and few days of torture to keep doing what I love to do. ….
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher A. Bell View Post
    Anything having to do with our eyes and vision is scary enough, but even more so when it affects our careers. ….
    It’s amazing what they can do today with modern medicine and techniques. ….
    Though veering off topic a bit, I can relate to each of these comments all too well.
    Just to add to the conversation - I have been quietly dealing with a set of health circumstances for well over a year. A few at RED are aware and my thanks go out to them.
    Need to say, Jarred is dead on related to the stress associated with doctors working on your eyes. Not to mention the actual event with needles injecting medications into the eyeball.
    In my case, had to take time off from the eye treatments to accommodate a second heart attack last fall - followed shortly afterwards by open heart surgery. Five bypasses in one shot.
    Per doctors orders, five months have passed since I could even lift the weight of the camera.
    Have recovered enough to resume the eye injections - another one scheduled for tomorrow afternoon.
    Still more surgeries and rehab to come.

While I have been knocked out of commission for longer than I want to count, I share the enthusiasm in getting back to shooting and producing images.
    With its small size and feature set, Komodo will fit that goal nicely.
    Looking forward to working with it.

As Phil stated so well….

…. that little monster is going to come with me EVERYWHERE.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin T View Post
    Phil
    What process did you go for?
    been looking to do this myself and there seems to be 3-4 different ones
    Heh. We have strayed off topic, but I went with:
    - Laser = Visx Star S4 IR - Excimer Laser
    - Corneal Flap via Microkeratome (not bladeless)

I trust my eye doctor a great deal. He's been a leader in the industry for decades and has been my Ophthalmologist since elementary school. Every "way" was on the table, but this is the path chosen for my vision situation.
    Phil Holland - Cinematographer - Los Angeles

2X RED Monstro 8K VV Bodies and a lot of things to use with them.

Data Sheets and Notes:
    Red Weapon/DSMC2
    Red Dragon

I am not the most expert about anything on this site, but when it comes to LASIK I am the one to ask. I have been doing that procedure for 25 years, about the first in the USA, well over 70,000 cases. I am a paid consultant to Zeiss (did you know they make the best eye lasers?) and run many of their clinical FDA studies. If you have a question, please ask. -- it is 2020 so no blades for LASIK please, and I don't recommend VISX either - way past their prime in my opinion. Current surgery does not hurt at all, slightly blurry vision for a day and most always 20/20 the next.
    DSMC2 Helium 1402
    DSMC2 Helium 6423

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Dishler View Post
    I am not the most expert about anything on this site, but when it comes to LASIK I am the one to ask. I have been doing that procedure for 25 years, about the first in the USA, well over 70,000 cases. I am a paid consultant to Zeiss (did you know they make the best eye lasers?) and run many of their clinical FDA studies. If you have a question, please ask. -- it is 2020 so no blades for LASIK please, and I don't recommend VISX either - way past their prime in my opinion. Current surgery does not hurt at all, slightly blurry vision for a day and most always 20/20 the next.
    I definitely need to get checked and see what my options are while in LA, so please do PM Jon.

Senior Member Karim D. Ghantous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    It’s amazing what they can do today with modern medicine and techniques.
    Technical objection: I would not use the world 'medicine' here. I'd say technology and surgery. Medicine is usually over-rated, and I hate to see medicine get credit for what other professions achieve. Sorry if I have ruffled feathers...
    Good production values may not be noticed. Bad production values will be.
    Pinterest
    | Flickr | Instagram | Martini Ultra (blog)

9.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karim D. Ghantous View Post
    Technical objection: I would not use the world 'medicine' here. I'd say technology and surgery. Medicine is usually over-rated, and I hate to see medicine get credit for what other professions achieve. Sorry if I have ruffled feathers...
    ha ha i would agree with that. Except technically lasers are regulated and approved by the FDA ( food/drug/medicine )

Quote Originally Posted by Ketch Rossi View Post
    I definitely need to get checked and see what my options are while in LA, so please do PM Jon.

Nice,
    thanks, Jon
    No, I do not RENT MY GEARS... - NYC (Times Square)

EPIC-D with 9" touch, 4 RAVENs, RPP, Sigma 18-35 PL, Motion Mount, VF/RED-rock wireless FF, Pana 17", JVC 20", Seadicam with SEGWAY, Letus 4-Axis with L'Aigle Exoskeleton.

Trash-Can 12-core Max'd-out) +MBP (Retina), RED Rocket (Sonnet), RAID system (Promise Pegasus II), Adobe Production (CC), FCS2, Resolve 12 with MC Color, 50" 4K Panel