Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 179 of 525 FirstFirst ... 79129169175176177178179180181182183189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 5246
  1. #1781  
    The DjiGo app records proxies on hydrogen when flying drones... wireless.
    Björn Benckert
    Creative Lead & Founder Syndicate Entertainment AB
    +46855524900 www.syndicate.se/axis
    VFX / Flame / Motion capture / Monstro
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #1782  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,106
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I would highly doubt the Hydrogen specs could support any amount of processing power with the data that Komodo outputs...
    I have a feeling the phones will be strictly for monitoring.
    Hydrogen encodes and records 2d UHD 4k video from its internal cameras, It could do the same from Komodo if the pogo interface sends it the same 4k video as it outputs over SDI.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #1783  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I would highly doubt the Hydrogen specs could support any amount of processing power with the data that Komodo outputs...
    I have a feeling the phones will be strictly for monitoring.
    You are thinking about this the wrong way. Think about what you can do with your phone - that you can’t do with a digital cinema camera. We all take our phones for granted. They are amazing marvels of processing and communication. There’s zero reason IMO for Hydrogen to do anything with the RAW from the Komodo. There is, however, several good reasons to get the processed RGB stream into a mobile processor 
    Mark L. Pederson
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #1784  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I would highly doubt the Hydrogen specs could support any amount of processing power with the data that Komodo outputs...
    I have a feeling the phones will be strictly for monitoring.
    You have a highly underestimated impression of the herd management data gathering/processing/transceiving supercomputer in your pocket.

    Didn't you see the presentations ? It x times more powerful than that model from years back, which was x time more powerful than the model from few years back...so you could doodle animated emojis and have real time FX on Narcissus.



    Quote Originally Posted by Mark L. Pederson View Post
    There is, however, several good reasons to get the processed RGB stream into a mobile processor 
    This.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

    imdb


    "Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

    "L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #1785  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Johnson View Post
    I don't want to be a Debbie Downer, but I would highly doubt the Hydrogen specs could support any amount of processing power with the data that Komodo outputs...
    I have a feeling the phones will be strictly for monitoring.
    I'm with you. Someone stated that the H1 can handle recording the dual cameras in 4K UHD... but from what I read on H4Vuser, it's a stock Sony sensor in H1.

    Not to mention the phone is still on Android 8.1.0, "Oreo", which is now two Android OS releases behind. In fact, when the H1 was publicly released last year and shipped out to all of us, Android 9, "Pie", had already been available in August.

    You can go onto H4Vuser to see all of the issues people have had - from dying touchscreens to fingerprint scanners to audio issues with recording video to H4V not really even being terribly functional. My fingerprint sensor has died (turned off that verification) and I can't get a couple of Hydrogen-based apps to run properly. People have given up sending their phones in for repair because they come back with more issues...

    Couple of all of that with Jannard's mentioning that their ODM failed to deliver on a number of things (and still haven't), and I'm not really sure about all of this jazz with recording being able to perform flawlessly.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #1786  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    4,106
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    I'm with you. Someone stated that the H1 can handle recording the dual cameras in 4K UHD... but from what I read on H4Vuser, it's a stock Sony sensor in H1.

    Not to mention the phone is still on Android 8.1.0, "Oreo", which is now two Android OS releases behind. In fact, when the H1 was publicly released last year and shipped out to all of us, Android 9, "Pie", had already been available in August.

    You can go onto H4Vuser to see all of the issues people have had - from dying touchscreens to fingerprint scanners to audio issues with recording video to H4V not really even being terribly functional. My fingerprint sensor has died (turned off that verification) and I can't get a couple of Hydrogen-based apps to run properly. People have given up sending their phones in for repair because they come back with more issues...

    Couple of all of that with Jannard's mentioning that their ODM failed to deliver on a number of things (and still haven't), and I'm not really sure about all of this jazz with recording being able to perform flawlessly.
    There will be H2.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #1787  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    I'm with you. Someone stated that the H1 can handle recording the dual cameras in 4K UHD... but from what I read on H4Vuser, it's a stock Sony sensor in H1.

    Not to mention the phone is still on Android 8.1.0, "Oreo", which is now two Android OS releases behind. In fact, when the H1 was publicly released last year and shipped out to all of us, Android 9, "Pie", had already been available in August.

    You can go onto H4Vuser to see all of the issues people have had - from dying touchscreens to fingerprint scanners to audio issues with recording video to H4V not really even being terribly functional. My fingerprint sensor has died (turned off that verification) and I can't get a couple of Hydrogen-based apps to run properly. People have given up sending their phones in for repair because they come back with more issues...

    Couple of all of that with Jannard's mentioning that their ODM failed to deliver on a number of things (and still haven't), and I'm not really sure about all of this jazz with recording being able to perform flawlessly.
    Touchscreens and sensors have nothing to do with processing potential. Older phones with significantly lower processing capacity are powerful enough for real time UHD debayer, image transformation, filters/FX, compression and recording, with parallel image analysis (multiple face and shape recognition, tracking etc). While doing a bunch of other stuff under the hood.
    Analog > Apollo wooden handgrip http://omeneo.com
    Digital > Primers - professional image transformation tools http://omeneo.com/primers

    imdb


    "Como delfines en el fondo del oceano
    volamos por el universo incentivados por la esperanza"

    "L'esperanza", Sven Väth
    "It's a poor sort of memory that only works backwards"
    Jung/ Carol
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #1788  
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendanLeahy View Post
    You can go onto H4Vuser to see all of the issues people have had - from dying touchscreens to fingerprint scanners to audio issues with recording video to H4V not really even being terribly functional. My fingerprint sensor has died (turned off that verification) and I can't get a couple of Hydrogen-based apps to run properly. People have given up sending their phones in for repair because they come back with more issues...

    Couple of all of that with Jannard's mentioning that their ODM failed to deliver on a number of things (and still haven't), and I'm not really sure about all of this jazz with recording being able to perform flawlessly.
    The Fingerprint sensor has been redesigned and is now working flawlessly. Please send your device in and have it serviced.
    submit a ticket following:
    https://www.redhydrogen.com/pages/repair-request
    If you are based in the US.
    Or
    https://support.redhydrogen.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    If you are based outside the US.

    Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    There will be H2.
    Yes, there will be.
    But the Hydrogen One is not done yet.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hrvoje Simic View Post
    Touchscreens and sensors have nothing to do with processing power. Older phones with significantly lower processing capacity are powerful enough for real time UHD debayer, image transformation, filters/FX, compression and recording, with parallel image analysis (multiple face and shape recognition, tracking etc). While doing a bunch of other stuff under the hood.
    Hrvoje is absolutely right.
    The Development Team is working continuously. I don’t know if it's new features or fixes, probably a combination of both.
    But speaking for myself, I can say I am working on some interesting stuff for Hydrogen that will hopefully see the light of day soon...
    Some of these features could potentially be combined with Komodo............

    Now, if you want to discuss Hydrogen, come on over to h4vuser.net

    And let's get back on track with discussing the awesome little beast that Komodo is shaping up to be!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #1789  
    Senior Member Raphael_Carpenter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    819
    Jarred, could you clarify please:
    Komodo has PDAF - Phase Detection AF?
    or
    Komodo has DPAF - Dual Pixel AF?
    I'm just a bit confused as there is Canon RF new mount and not sure about AF implementation.


    FILMMAKER | PHOTOGRAPHER

    WEAPON 6K / ALEXA MINI / COOKE
    Video Production | Professional Photography
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #1790  
    Senior Member Robert Hofmeyr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    721
    Quote Originally Posted by Raphael_Carpenter View Post
    Jarred, could you clarify please:
    Komodo has PDAF - Phase Detection AF?
    or
    Komodo has DPAF - Dual Pixel AF?
    I'm just a bit confused as there is Canon RF new mount and not sure about AF implementation.
    Jarred said PDAF.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts