Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 540 of 585 FirstFirst ... 40440490530536537538539540541542543544550 ... LastLast
Results 5,391 to 5,400 of 5850

Not exact same ISO settings and setup but you can compare it to my BMMCC tests:

All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

800iso and BMMCC signal already noisy and grainy. There's really no comparison to be made. Thanks for the comparison.
    Sylvain Morjane - Cinematographer - Marseille

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvain Morjane View Post
    800iso and BMMCC signal already noisy and grainy. There's really no comparison to be made. Thanks for the comparison.
    1. Don't forget that it is 6K vs HD test :)
    2. Not sure why, but i was unable to remove strong noise with Temporal NR in Resolve from KOMODO. Temporal NR in Resolve just partially ignored that noise at any setting. Maybe it is something specific to R3D files?
    3. Temporal NR always works way better with Ursa/BMMCC DNG, probably because dual gain sensors produce better noise structure and easier to recognize for NR. With some amount of Luma TNR BMMCC became very clean.
    4. As you can see BMMCC dual gain sensor produce less digital color noise at 12800 ISO. The main problem with BMMCC is Fixed Pattern Noise lines in recovered shadows. Dual gain sensor can see deep into shadows, but large amount of hidden data is unusable due FPN. There is no any custom calibration option in firmware for that camera.
    All my custom made accessories for BMMCC/BMMSC now available here https://lavky.com/radioproektor/

Seems this is the answer why Noise Reduction don't works. In original size noise structure consists of extremely large particles. It looks like 8mm film grain. But same time downscaled from 6K to HD it looks nice.

Senior Member Christoffer Glans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmitry Shijan View Post
    1. Don't forget that it is 6K vs HD test :)
    2. Not sure why, but i was unable to remove strong noise with Temporal NR in Resolve from KOMODO. Temporal NR in Resolve just partially ignored that noise at any setting. Maybe it is something specific to R3D files?
    3. Temporal NR always works way better with Ursa/BMMCC DNG, probably because dual gain sensors produce better noise structure and easier to recognize for NR. With some amount of Luma TNR BMMCC became very clean.
    4. As you can see BMMCC dual gain sensor produce less digital color noise at 12800 ISO. The main problem with BMMCC is Fixed Pattern Noise lines in recovered shadows. Dual gain sensor can see deep into shadows, but large amount of hidden data is unusable due FPN. There is no any custom calibration option in firmware for that camera.
    Not sure that any of this has an accurate relevance really. If you're gonna do a proper test, then first downsample the 6K footage to 4K, which is the intended output for the Komodo. Then use the BM 6K pocket instead since that's a more similar camera both in sensor size and resolution, doing the same downsample. Then if you're gonna test noise reduction use something better like Neat Video.

Then compare noise, color quality and DR. What Komodo has over the Pocket 6K is DR and that's a huge aspect as well as a global shutter. So far, the footage I've seen from Komodo surpasses the Pocket 6K, much better balanced colors and it's not even final in its firmware. Noise is only a problem if it destroys color quality and perceptive resolution.
    "Using any digital cinema camera today is like sending your 35mm rolls to a standard lab. -Using a Red is like owning a dark room."
    Red Weapon 6K #00600

Quote Originally Posted by Alson Mah View Post
    Have anyone try to open red komodo footage file on premiere pro? Any issues?
    I've tried it and it gives you an error message once you try to use the imported files. So for now im using RED CINE X

Has anyone received confirmation since last week they are in the second group of custom colored Komodos - Yellow?
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet”
    Denton Film, LLC
    WWW.DENTONFILM.COM

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew R Lewis View Post
    Has anyone received confirmation since last week they are in the second group of custom colored Komodos - Yellow?
    Don’t think so... I’ll let you guys know if I get blessed with one. Not sure though.
    - Jeff Kilgroe
    - Applied Visual Technologies, LLC | RojoMojo
    - Just me and my 8K Monstro VV kicking ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kilgroe View Post
    Don’t think so... I’ll let you guys know if I get blessed with one. Not sure though.
    Same, thanks Jeff.
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet”
    Denton Film, LLC
    WWW.DENTONFILM.COM