Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 492 of 635 FirstFirst ... 392442482488489490491492493494495496502542592 ... LastLast
Results 4,911 to 4,920 of 6347
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Holland View Post
    Personally for me, perhaps Komodo's #1 biggest strength is it can be with me at all times. Totally going to exploit that concept.
    This is definitely one of the more exciting aspects.

I liked that about DSLR too, but when I would go back to a real camera, the image quality was so drastically different. With the Komodo, the image quality between it and the other Red cameras looks to be close enough that learning to see ike the camera sees is less of an issue.
    Ranger Gemini

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas B. View Post
    ...e.g. if Komodo has a really good accelerometer built in for image stabilizing in post?
    Yes, please! This is a must have feature for any small and light cinema camera I purchase in the future! That technology on the Sony FX9 is amazing. I would love that in this little Komodo!!

I ve been traveling everywhere with my 8K S35 Helium for the past years with brick batteries and charger, dealing with Size and weight.... I always declined to have a DSLR for these smaller gigs until this year feeling a little forced for flexibility but Covid came, things got delayed and Komodo is almost here so. Now with Komodo, a small factor packing, bag pack+ Accessories is EPIC to have it anywhere everywhere without dealing with size and weight, nor compromising what we love the most... RED Raw R3D Image Quality!

That is just Amazing!

I hope the boot time is fast and the flash memory workflow is nice too. Boot time for sure would be a plus to match the speeds as much as possible of the DSLR's BMP 6K, to record on the fly as well...

Alain Maiki
    Director || Filmmaker
    epicinmotion.com
    alainmaiki.com
    IMDb Alain Maiki
    RED Helium 8K S35
    RED Komodo

I haven't been following the specs very closely, will the pins on the top allow monitors like a SmallHD Cine 7 to control the camera? Or is all camera control only through the built in screen and wifi on your mobile?

For me if the autofocus is any good it will HUGE for low budge doc work.

Is pretty much everyone getting custom colors or a Stormtrooper? I'm wanting a Stormtrooper, but can't really justify it at full price. So that said, I have three Hydrogen serial numbers I'll be selling for the Hydrogen discount on black units if anyone would like to snag a $1000 discount at a cheap price and help me offset my Komodo costs

Is there a discount for owning other Red cameras? or just the Hydrogen?

Quote Originally Posted by matt harding View Post
    I haven't been following the specs very closely, will the pins on the top allow monitors like a SmallHD Cine 7 to control the camera? Or is all camera control only through the built in screen and wifi on your mobile?

For me if the autofocus is any good it will HUGE for low budge doc work.
    The pogo interface will support a cradle with a USB-C connection to a smart phone for control and monitoring, originally intended for Hydrogen, but made universal to support other Android phones initially, iPhones later. Other monitors/recorders will connect via 12g SDI.
    Don’t know if or how those might provide control.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Stanley View Post
    Been away from here for a while - so sorry if this has been asked or covered already but is there any footage with the final sensor yet? I saw a skateboard video that was supposedly shot on Komodo but it didn’t really look that great to be fair. So I’m guessing that was a half baked sensor? But now that it looks like the camera is about to ship to people I assume the sensor has to be finished, so wondering if there has been any links to clips with it on here? Can’t wait to see what lots of talented DP’s do with the finished product.
    Lots of footage shot.. some released. I shot the SNL Brad Pitt / Dr. Fauci thing on Komodo, and I also shot the AFC thing on komodo. There is the skateboard thing that shows a lot of benefits of the sensor but apparently some people don't like the grade... which is cool. But the big "proper" stuff that has shot Komodo is out of our hands and in the middle of the process, not controlled by us.

But to more directly answer your question, The final sensor is in the camera already, but the final color science won't be done till we release the Black cameras, so if you have any doubts or questions on Komodo you can just sit tight and wait for then. A few more people are going to start having Komodos in their hands soon so footage will inevitably be flying around soon. Lots of time for you to judge for yourself.

Hey Jarred I would love the opportunity to get one in Yves Klein blue paint if possible. Tried reaching out to you on multiple platforms but I imagine you are swamped by requests. Thanks

Best David

Can you send one to Matthew Allard.