Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 493 of 633 FirstFirst ... 393443483489490491492493494495496497503543593 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,930 of 6324
    Also was my post deleted?

2.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grigorian View Post
    Hey Jarred I would love the opportunity to get one in Yves Klein blue paint if possible. Tried reaching out to you on multiple platforms but I imagine you are swamped by requests. Thanks

Best David
    Hey David, Sorry yes my email has had a total meltdown. With these first ones you don't get to pick the color, We shoot a handful of whatever color happens that week and then let them out to those who wants them.

That said... the response has been overwhelming for those that want something outside the normal. Im not sure how much of that is to be first vs how many people actually want a different color but lets get through these and the stormtroopers and after we start shipping the blacks I am open to making some really custom ones if people are still into it.

Quote Originally Posted by David Rasberry View Post
    The pogo interface will support a cradle with a USB-C connection to a smart phone for control and monitoring, originally intended for Hydrogen, but made universal to support other Android phones initially, iPhones later. Other monitors/recorders will connect via 12g SDI.
    Don’t know if or how those might provide control.
    I might be wrong but I think sometimes a million pages ago it was said that the USB-C will support the iPad Pro (which has USB-C apparently ?). I may be totally wrong there :p
    Last edited by Bastien Tribalat; 05-18-2020 at 09:27 AM. Reason: typo
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Maybe it should have been called the Chameleon?
    Scarlet-X #2034 "Bea"

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Hey David, Sorry yes my email has had a total meltdown. With these first ones you don't get to pick the color, We shoot a handful of whatever color happens that week and then let them out to those who wants them.

That said... the response has been overwhelming for those that want something outside the normal. Im not sure how much of that is to be first vs how many people actually want a different color but lets get through these and the stormtroopers and after we start shipping the blacks I am open to making some really custom ones if people are still into it.
    I am found guilty of contributing to said email meltdown... :D

Good to hear that there's a possibility of having some custom coloured ones if we don't make the cut for the pre-Stormtrooper wave.

BTW, I'm still up for that Stormtrooper!

As for the color science, for anyone new to RED who's reading this, even the earliest footage shot on Komodo can benefit from the final color science once that's out.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Bastien Tribalat View Post
    I might be wrong but I think sometimes a million pages ago it was said that the USB-C will support the iPad Pro (which has USB-C apparently ?). I may be totally wrong there :p
    When the IOS app is developed I imagine it will, or iPhones with a lighting adapter cable.

Thanks for the reply Jarred, That sounds great. I really appreciate the hard work you guys are doing over at red. I'm very excited to have Komodo in my hands, it will travel with me everywhere I go or be around my neck with M mount lenses. Until then though my current set up will have to do, it's kind of a Komodo XL build lol.

IMG_8635 by TheGrigorian, on Flickr
    IMG_8639 by TheGrigorian, on Flickr
    Last edited by David Grigorian; 05-18-2020 at 10:23 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    I am found guilty of contributing to said email meltdown... :D

Good to hear that there's a possibility of having some custom coloured ones if we don't make the cut for the pre-Stormtrooper wave.

BTW, I'm still up for that Stormtrooper!

As for the color science, for anyone new to RED who's reading this, even the earliest footage shot on Komodo can benefit from the final color science once that's out.
    Well said. Thats the power of REDCODE. The stuff that matter is already there. What people choose to do with the image is up to them.. as it should be.

These early beta units are going to have the most improvement over time through software updates, so you need to accept that as part of the process. We are focusing on image first... because at the end of the day that's what matters the most.

Things like RF lens support , Autofocus tuning, and a lot of the other bells and whistles will come along the way.

There is nothing better than an army of you guys helping define things along the way, earlier than most, that's what Stormtroopers have always been good for. That feedback from you through these beta programs, which can be painful at times, is why we are sticking to the same pricing that I have mentioned since day one, even though we have had to spend a lot more money doubling down getting parts made from numerous other countries and almost tripling our supply chain because of the Covid situation as our partner's factories closed and then opened and then sometimes closed again all over the world over the last 3 months. Aaron and our manufacturing team made a lot of high risk bets and fortunately most of them paid off.

Any color works for me, I'm just hoping to get in on an early batch. I imagine most people that flooded your inbox feel the same way. A GOLD Komodo would be cool, but a Komodo in June would be cooler.

Thanks for losing your mind and inviting us to do the same.
    DSMC2 Helium #000043 "Violet”
    Denton Film, LLC
    WWW.DENTONFILM.COM

I hear ya Andrew. If I see a Komodo in any color with a buy it now link next to it I'm clicking on it ASAP lol