Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 495 of 633 FirstFirst ... 395445485491492493494495496497498499505545595 ... LastLast
Results 4,941 to 4,950 of 6324
    Sorry to hear that Brian, get well soon and take it easy!
    No clue about these things you are asking, but it sure looks like the Komodo will be mighty capable!

Looks like those units were gone fast!
    Gotta love the REDuser community for this :)
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Yes, all 20 buyers must have been vetted 2 months ago ;-)

Sorry if I missed this but is continuous AF on the roadmap for the Komodo? Touch AF is cool and all but for one-man-band gimbal stuff, I had to supplement my Epic-W with a Nikon Z6. If Komodo gets decent continuous AF, I'm ditching Nikon and going back to all RED.
    Ryan Sauvé | @sauvedp
    Epic-W #7950
    Nikon Z6

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Sauve View Post
    Sorry if I missed this but is continuous AF on the roadmap for the Komodo? Touch AF is cool and all but for one-man-band gimbal stuff, I had to supplement my Epic-W with a Nikon Z6. If Komodo gets decent continuous AF, I'm ditching Nikon and going back to all RED.
    not at first.

VFX, Cinematographer, Photographer
    10 frame handles
    Vimeo
    Instagram

5.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiri Vrozina View Post

Yes, all 20 buyers must have been vetted 2 months ago ;-)
    Heh heh no... Only 1 person kinda knew they were getting one because I made the color after them after talking about it on a group zoom call , but they nor anyone else on the list knew this was gonna drop Saturday and everyone that was chosen emailed Saturday after I posted.

Lots of familiar names in the first batch.. the vast majority of this round are fellow super active Redusers so you can hopefully expect a lot of sharing at the end of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Heh heh no... Only 1 person kinda knew they were getting one because I made the color after them after talking about it on a group zoom call , but they nor anyone else on the list knew this was gonna drop Saturday and everyone that was chosen emailed Saturday after I posted.

Lots of familiar names in the first batch.. the vast majority of this round are fellow super active Redusers so you can hopefully expect a lot of sharing at the end of the month.
    This is great news! Congrats to everyone on this list. Can't wait to see what you all come up with.

Excellent, so good to hear! These stories are the building blocks of what makes RED awesome!
    Meanwhile I've been preparing this little fella for when his companion is going to join the ranks... Running drills with the 3D printed one :D
    He's going to run all kinds of tests.
    And maybe if we get a chance for the second wave of coloured ones, there'll be more to play with!

Jarred, if you ever do a pearlescent coat, count me in!
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

I'd be in for one of the random colour units - it would end up on set shooting the day it arrives along with the other RED's we shoot with every day.. We do a daily cooking show for the YouTubes, so it would get a lot of use... admittedly not an uber cool indie film, but lots of people watch.

I helped your email meltdown Jarred, I also DM'd your Insta from our 'Glen & Friends' account.
    C.S.C. Associate Member
    If I don't own it I rent it...

Jarred,
    I emailed but looks like I didn't make the 1st round, . . does that email put me on the list for the 2nd round or will I need to "apply" again?

I'm working on a resort project for Marriott and need to do a bunch of Gimble work, Komodo would be SOOOO good for this.

Thanks,

Curtis
    ---------------------------
    Curtis Boggs
    www.cboggs.com

Cinematographer-DP-Colorist
    Epic-W 8k (Spanky)
    Komodo 6k (baby)
    Sigma Cinema zoom set
    Leica-R Cine mod prime set
    Various other strange or vintage lenses

Good to know some of the 'locals' got in on it.

You wouldn't wish for it, but it's turning out to be a cool way to get the Komodo's out there in the wild.