Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 510 of 633 FirstFirst ... 10410460500506507508509510511512513514520560610 ... LastLast
Results 5,091 to 5,100 of 6324
  1.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Moceri View Post
    Awesome news Jarred! If we are lucky enough to get in on round 2, is payment due immediately or is this a placeholder for when they are available?
    Not really immediately but before delivery yes... it’s pretty casual though. I am ( to much of my teams dismay ) just kinda making this up as we go along. All these custom colors don’t really exist yet so they are all going through stage 4 at the studio where we get em, Rintoul and Lauren do a final QA and then you all pick em up or they get shipped out.

We are getting new software builds weekly and I can almost guarantee that as you guys start getting them and breaking them you will find new bugs we haven’t... so it will be very interactive.

You folks signing up for these color ones, and to some degree the stormtroopers, are getting first production units with new hardware that just came out of the oven this week so be prepared for some bumps along the way. And a reminder since lots of people emailing me the last few days asking what RF lenses to get , Native RF lens support is not enabled yet so you need to use the EF adapter or PL adapter etc, RF protocol will take some time to get to.

Are the colour komodo kids going to be allowed to post r3ds, or is it still to early for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jarred Land View Post
    Id say 80% of the first handful are going to people that have posted in this thread... a lot. Familiar faces. Which is exactly how it should be.
    I really would have loved to be part of the lucky ones but right now I cannot afford it (Covid-19 has been pretty brutal with my work).
    I'm really looking forward to seeing the feedback and getting a regular production model when everything is ready :)
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Round 2 is likely next week... depending on when we can get the next group paint done. Factory is still moving pretty slowly. everyone that has already emailed me for this first round I will send an email before posting about it just to give everyone a heads up.
    Awesome news :)
    Loving this!!!

I imagine those will go pretty quick as well.
    I like to imagine so too! :D

Id say 80% of the first handful are going to people that have posted in this thread... a lot. Familiar faces. Which is exactly how it should be.
    That's the REDuser spirit!!!

You folks signing up for these color ones, and to some degree the stormtroopers, are getting first production units with new hardware that just came out of the oven this week so be prepared for some bumps along the way. And a reminder since lots of people emailing me the last few days asking what RF lenses to get , Native RF lens support is not enabled yet so you need to use the EF adapter or PL adapter etc, RF protocol will take some time to get to.
    It's those bumps that make it fun Jarred! If we can help out in the process, all the better! Beta testing is my middle name :) (my father sighs in protest...)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Hofmeyr View Post
    Are the colour komodo kids going to be allowed to post r3ds, or is it still to early for that?
    Good question. I get a feeling Graeme might not be done juuuuust yet.
    I am all for sharing, but only if it's 1000% ok.
    Formerly known as "nutman"
    ||| RED ONE #1333 ||| Epic-X #1003 |||
    ||| RED Hydrogen Houdini #0034 Titanium #1014 |||
    H4Vuser

Not really immediately but before delivery yes... it’s pretty casual though. I am ( to much of my teams dismay ) just kinda making this up as we go along. All these custom colors don’t really exist yet so they are all going through stage 4 at the studio where we get em, Rintoul and Lauren do a final QA and then you all pick em up or they get shipped out.

We are getting new software builds weekly and I can almost guarantee that as you guys start getting them and breaking them you will find new bugs we haven’t... so it will be very interactive.

Jarred will you pick any of the people that emailed you for the first round but didn’t a camera? Or will we have to email you again for the second round? Keep up the killer work this RED is going to be very special and can’t wait to get my hands on one and start strapping it to our insane Can-Am drag car.

Second question is when do you think stormtroopers will start going out?
    Dragon-X
    Stormtrooper Komodo

6.   Click here to go to the next RED TEAM post in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joseph Montalto View Post
    Jarred will you pick any of the people that emailed you for the first round but didn’t a camera? Or will we have to email you again for the second round? Keep up the killer work this RED is going to be very special and can’t wait to get my hands on one and start strapping it to our insane Can-Am drag car.

Second question is when do you think stormtroopers will start going out?
    No don't need to email me again, everyone that emailed me the first time I will blast out an email before round 2 so you all get another crack at it.

As for the stormtroopers, its kind of impossible to say. Our factory just started going again last week when California opened the gates again, and yesterday California had its record amount of new infections. We are setting up a backup line in Mexico to build Komodos as well, which a few months ago was a good move but now yesterday, they also had their record amount of new cases and their infection graph looks like it is marching on a steady pace to the moon. So I imagine both Governments will probably make some more changes soon... assuming health is the most important factor , so we don't know if either line in either country will be shut down again, modified, or if they just will keep opening up.

Until then.. we can keep hand making these one offs at a slow but steady pace... even if it's just one at a time. We have the parts to do so... I'm painting and our proper powdercoater is painting and we have enough assembly ninjas to keep going even if we need to go back to 10 people max in the building at any given time.

Our factory just started going again last week when California opened the gates again, and yesterday California had its record amount of new infections. We are setting up a backup line in Mexico to build Komodos as well, which a few months ago was a good move but now yesterday, they also had their record amount of new cases and their infection graph looks like it is marching on a steady pace to the moon. So I imagine both Governments will probably make some more changes soon... assuming health is the most important factor , so we don't know if either line in either country will be shut down again, modified, or if they just will keep opening up.
    Safety above all else!
    I am sure everyone can hang tight no matter how excited we are.

Reminds me of the time back then with the RED One when you were hand-cutting the stickers... Still have some of those :)

Speaking of which, have you considered any merch?
    Would love to have a Komodo metal icon or sticker for my car :D
    H4Vuser

Quote Originally Posted by Gregory Karydis View Post
    Safety above all else!
    I am sure everyone can hang tight no matter how excited we are.

Reminds me of the time back then with the RED One when you were hand-cutting the stickers... Still have some of those :)

Speaking of which, have you considered any merch?
    Would love to have a Komodo metal icon or sticker for my car :D

Have you seen the t-shirts I came up with last night? That and some dope icon stickers is all I want merch wise!
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Simon Becker View Post
    Have you seen the t-shirts I came up with last night? That and some dope icon stickers is all I want merch wise!
    That works, for a start :)
    H4Vuser

No don't need to email me again, everyone that emailed me the first time I will blast out an email before round 2 so you all get another crack at it.

As for the stormtroopers, its kind of impossible to say. Our factory just started going again last week when California opened the gates again, and yesterday California had its record amount of new infections. We are setting up a backup line in Mexico to build Komodos as well, which a few months ago was a good move but now yesterday, they also had their record amount of new cases and their infection graph looks like it is marching on a steady pace to the moon. So I imagine both Governments will probably make some more changes soon... assuming health is the most important factor , so we don't know if either line in either country will be shut down again, modified, or if they just will keep opening up.

Until then.. we can keep hand making these one offs at a slow but steady pace... even if it's just one at a time. We have the parts to do so... I'm painting and our proper powdercoater is painting and we have enough assembly ninjas to keep going even if we need to go back to 10 people max in the building at any given time.
    I know guys who wanted to order but do not know your Email.
    I myself did it last week personally to you on Instagram since i do not have your Email.
    Perhaps it is better if you wish to sell camera using your personal Email, is to publish Email here, so the rest of potential buyers can have a fair go.
    It is really strange to sell camera like that. I understand you really need to have cameras tested next 2 months before they hit the mainstream.
    Anyway, good luck with that process.