Click here to go to the first RED TEAM post in this thread.   Thread: KOMODO....

Reply to Thread
Page 638 of 649 FirstFirst ... 138538588628634635636637638639640641642648 ... LastLast
Results 6,371 to 6,380 of 6487
    RED KOMODO VS. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K (Sample Footage Download!)

By
    Gear Focus

Download link to comparison footage. You have to fill out a short form to download the footage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh6XiGV7KvQ

Quote Originally Posted by rand thompson View Post
    RED KOMODO VS. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K (Sample Footage Download!)

By
    Gear Focus

Download link to comparison footage. You have to fill out a short form to download the footage
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zh6XiGV7KvQ

One thing I hate with those kind of videos (no matter what cameras are concerned !) is that we don't see the process therefore we have no garantee that any of the cameras (again, no matter what the brands are) are treated equally.

I often see on those videos that on one of the cameras they just put a Log to REC709 LUT given by the manufacturer and on the other a third party LUT that often is not a straight LOg to REC709 conversion but something "more creative". Which is totally biased.

As for the video above, I'm pretty sure anyone knowing DaVinci Resolve can make any of those shots look better or worse than the other camera. So, what's the point really ? To bash on RED because Komodo is more expansive (but is not made in china, as a better formfactor and RAW codec [IMO] and more versatile lense mount ?) ?

Everytime someone asks me about those two cameras my answer is : IF the Blackmagic already gives you what you need and you're happy, don't upgrade. If you hesitate to buy one or the other, just decide according to your budget, needs and ability to generate ROI with it.
    Last edited by Bastien Tribalat; 10-30-2020 at 03:09 AM.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

Bastien,

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I posted this video. It has downloadable footage from both so that you could try for yourself and see if the results in the video mirrors you own. I personally would never chose a BMPCC6K over a Red Komodo 6k. Not because of any Red Hype but because I have personally worked with the footage of both and I can make the statement I made above.But I also can appreciate someone else's opinion to chose the BMPCC6K as well.

Bastien,

Yeah, that was one of the reasons I posted this video. It has downloadable footage from both so that you could try for yourself and see if the results in the video mirrors you own. I personally would never chose a BMPCC6K over a Red Komodo 6k. Not because of any Red Hype but because I have personally worked with the footage of both and I can make the statement I made above.But I also can appreciate someone else's opinion to chose the BMPCC6K as well.
    Yeah I agree. Totally.
    VIDEO EDITING - COLOR GRADING - VFX
    APPLE FINAL CUT PRO, AVID MEDIA COMPOSER
    ADOBE CREATIVE CLOUD, DAVINCI RESOLVE, REDCINE X PRO...

RED KOMODO VS. Blackmagic Pocket Cinema 6K
    Thanks for posting this, Rand-- great to have downloadable footage!

On a side note, though: anyone else feeling like the "versus" format isn't really the best way to think about which tool you'd choose for which job? The videos themselves are almost invariably pretty thin in terms of actual useful testing. But "versus" is great if you want to get more clicks and work up the frenzy of each of the "tribes" that prefer the competing brands...

Bastien,

Having never worked with Komodo footage, and not having worked with Red footage very much... I love my bmpcc 4k. It's everything I need in a camera, with a super fast and intuitive workflow. I think the colours are great. But no matter how good the footage looks in the end, there's always the first impression with the client when they ask what you're shooting on. Once you deliver the footage, or the final content, they're happy—but there's always the first impression. "We're paying you what to shoot with that?"

So I'm picking up my Komodo this morning, and I'm sure the RED workflow, global shutter, 6k, etc. will be a big step forward for me :)
    []peterwojnar.com // Komodo

Matt,

You're welcome and You're correct, these video are "Click-Bait". However, they always have some useful info that can be gleaned from them especially when they offer downloadable footage. It's always best to make up your own mind about the usefulness and viability of a product based on your own needs, skills, the purpose for which you will be using it and your budget. Never let anybody else tell you what you should or shouldn't buy. The most important opinion on this forum is your own, not mine or anybody else's.

DJI RS2 + RED KOMODO | The Perfect Combo!? [Review]

By REDUSER MEMBER JOEY HELMS

DJI RS2 + RED KOMODO | The Perfect Combo!? [Review]

By REDUSER MEMBER JOEY HELMS

Thanks Rand! :)

KOMODO Stormtrooper #25

Thank you Joey for all that you do to inform us all!